• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

new kit

geoff1

Advert:

Advert:

12 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I understand that the club uses shirt sales to increase revenue but I wonder if we needed a new home shirt when not many of us actually saw anyone play in it live last season. 

Sadly profit is the point. In the 90s we had a few of the home shirts which did 2 seasons. However since the 2000s we have had a new one every season. 

I bought the home one last year but have only worn it twice due to the lack of games. 

I understand that the club uses shirt sales to increase revenue but I wonder if we needed a new home shirt when not many of us actually saw anyone play in it live last season. 

3000 shirt sales would suggest your view is in the minority

No shock there

Advert:

37 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

You’ve just answered your question in your first sentence!

15 hours ago, newchapel valiant said:

Try Australia as that's where they are going to film his life story. 

Can't remember to many kangaroos or koalas in Burslem though. 

but it looks like the outback now!😉

4 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Didn't we sell 13,000 last year? I thought it looked really good when seen live.

According to the Sentinel 13,000 was the total for all three kits last season - https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-202122-home-kit-5552399. I think the black away kit contributed a lot of those sales (earlier in the summer when the total stood at 11,000 then 6,000 of them sold were the away kit - https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-black-away-kit-5248935). 

Nevertheless, the Sentinel also says the previous season's total was 3,800 so it was clearly a significant rise across the board and a large number of the home kit were also sold too.

Advert:

Archived