• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match thread: Stafford Rangers and Newcastle Town friendlies

robf

12 hours ago, Santa said:

Anyone fancy painting a Clarke Out banner and taking it down Newcastle Town tomorrow?

Be some on here asking questions for sure 😃 

Hopefully we can sneak a draw to give him until the Forest game 

Advert:

Jesus, lads. 

It's a fitness/tactics exercise, with the second half largely played out by lads who have just got their provisional license and couldn't legally celebrate their first appearance for the club with a nice pint.

Our first team could get walloped 6-0 by Newcastle today and I wouldn't be bothered. 

An over-reaction in here. It wasn't even a slightly weakened side to Kidsgrove, there was one player on the pitch that will be in the starting 11 this coming season. It was an opportunity for Clarke to see who is coming through the ranks which I think is great to see, a fantastic opportunity for some young blood to play against an organised non-league outfit.

Perspective.

Advert:

Stone, Martin, Garrity and Proctor are going to be in the match squad surely? That is 4 potential first teamers. 

Don’t worry Crosby ( he’s one of the guys who actually coaches ) said it was all about game time and working on formations

Chill out , have an ice cream

1 minute ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Anyone know who the other trialist Oyer is?

He is a youth team player. I believe his youth contract ran out this summer but Clarke is having another look at him. 

Advert:

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Jesus, lads. 

It's a fitness/tactics exercise, with the second half largely played out by lads who have just got their provisional license and couldn't legally celebrate their first appearance for the club with a nice pint.

Our first team could get walloped 6-0 by Newcastle today and I wouldn't be bothered. 

I take your first point on board, but I think I might be a tad worried if the second scoreline occurred!

Advert:

Archived