onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match thread: Stafford Rangers and Newcastle Town friendlies

robf

Advert

Just now, Rampant Zebra said:

I guess we will know by Christmas.

No, not necessarily. Both Blackpool and Oxford, for example, had poor starts last season before going on runs that took them into the play-offs - and in Blackpool's case to promotion. We will need to be patient and give the the team time. 

Unfortunately, this is a quality in short supply.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

I was very impressed with Benning, Pett and Walker of the new lads this afternoon.  I was also impressed with the fact that I never once saw a Pope ball this afternoon - it was 90% on the floor and very nice to watch.

Bruno played it all on the floor🤔😂😂

8 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I don't see what that's got to do with anything.....On to the ignore list.

It’s clearly a fishing tactic given he actually knows someone who is close to Askey and has been criticised for his overly zealous support of a manager that allowed him some inside info.

He’s been in my ignore list for a while… just need quotes to be blocked now.

Hes still got some people on strings though… I will give him credit for his fishing ability.

Enjoyed today, first time I've watched my team in a long long time.

Walker was the standout for me, pinging balls around the pitch like a prime Steven Gerrard. Finally looks like the playmaker we haven't had for a while.

Pett again looked very comfortable too. Him, Conlon and Walker can all handle a football and I love the look of that midfield.

Everyone else was steady and unspectacular which is what you'd expect for the first game.

Thought Abdi Osman (youth team #2) looked excellent with his dribbles and driving runs. Kamani McFarlane (youth team #15) looked a good player too and took his two goals really well.

Nice day out!

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

It’s clearly a fishing tactic given he actually knows someone who is close to Askey and has been criticised for his overly zealous support of a manager that allowed him some inside info.

He’s been in my ignore list for a while… just need quotes to be blocked now.

Hes still got some people on strings though… I will give him credit for his fishing ability.

This is a forum for people to offer opinions. I am not attention seeking or fishing. I just want to go and see the best Port Vale team play entertaining football and win as many games as possible. I am expressing my opinion that we haven't made the best decision with our current management appointment and he isn't making the best decisions for the good of the football club. Feel free to have your own opinions. As I have said, we will find out soon. Once the season starts in earnest we have to have a squad capable of gaining enough points to avoid relegation, will we have that? 

31 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

This is a forum for people to offer opinions. I am not attention seeking or fishing. I just want to go and see the best Port Vale team play entertaining football and win as many games as possible. I am expressing my opinion that we haven't made the best decision with our current management appointment and he isn't making the best decisions for the good of the football club. Feel free to have your own opinions. As I have said, we will find out soon. Once the season starts in earnest we have to have a squad capable of gaining enough points to avoid relegation, will we have that? 

Is 138 points enough to avoid relegation? 🤔

3 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Taylor’s got a knock, that’s all. 

Good to know but also a tad concerning at the same time. He got a knock which kept him out after the Man C game, he supposedly got a knock towards the end of last season which kept him out and now this. I'm a big fan of Jake Taylor and a fully fit Jake for a long stretch of time would be one hell of an asset to the Vale.

9 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Good to know but also a tad concerning at the same time. He got a knock which kept him out after the Man C game, he supposedly got a knock towards the end of last season which kept him out and now this. I'm a big fan of Jake Taylor and a fully fit Jake for a long stretch of time would be one hell of an asset to the Vale.

I’m not so sure on Taylor. Average at best with a few glimpses of potential since he resigned. Was good on loan but that’s gone now. He struggled fo get in a poor vale team last season jury is our for him this season. Needs a huge improvement else he could get left behind. 

3 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Pett will be our best player I think this season, such a good signing. Him and Conlon are going to boss games 

Just out of interest 593 what's your rationale for this prediction, time will tell whether Pett is a good player for Vale (I hope he is) but he's come from Stevenage not an EFL or Championship club.

It's not as though Pett has played the majority of his career in the EPL or the Championship a la Wes Hoolihan or even like Vale greats such as John Green and Ray Walker who joined Vale from 1st Division clubs, John Green had played over 100 games in the 1st Division for Blackpool, Ray Walker 23 for Aston Villa over 4 seasons.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Archived