Tom Pope Analysis

LancyTony

10 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Whose contract discussion was carried out in public, Rancid? Or do you mean he generalised the underperformers as "deadwood", and that classed as contract discussions? Not the same thing at all - didn't his crack about deadwood come immediately after an embarrassing and gutless performance?

There is no need to be offensive Tiny🙂

Edited by Rampant Zebra

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

That’s why the other 23 managers are fighting over his signature I take it.  Jog on - he is well over the hill.  My eyes give me all the compelling evidence I need - as well as Darrell’s.  Just because it is your ‘evidence’ does not make it compelling.  He only managed to score in 2 games last season - yes 2! He was pitiful last year to all but the blindest nostalgics.  

Enjoy the memories, but live in the present.  No matter what your views he aint coming back - get over it.  

This is an argument you want to continue but will never win.  DC is judge and jury.  Get your Hanley Town season ticket if you want to continue your love affair.

You have no concrete knowledge of whether any manager, let alone 23 of them,  is or isn't fighting for the signature of any released or transfer listed Vale player so your statement above, despite you trying to cover your back, is pure garbage. The rest of your statements are your opinion which is neither fact or evidence and only compelling to you.

A definition of compelling is, "Evoking interest" and this evidence has evoked your interest although in an unpleasant way hence my reply. This type of data is useful in that it reveals trends that aren't apparent to the eye but you appear to go with your gut feel which is totally up to you.

I am not trying to win any argument. I've just posted a reasoned case for Vale to re-sign Tom Pope and subsequently backed it up with data when challenged by another poster who used a miss-leading interpretation of Wiki data to make his point.

The very last thing I would do is to take advice from someone who needs to calm down and be less emotional. This is all mute now as Jamie Proctor was signed days ago.

Let's all calm down and just remember that we should not criticise any member of that wonderful Micky Adams's promotion team,that defied all the odds and played for nowt ,to keep Port Vale FC afloat.That included Tom Pope.Good luck and thank you to each and every one of them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Guest Vale at home
57 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Let's all calm down and just remember that we should not criticise any member of that wonderful Micky Adams's promotion team,that defied all the odds and played for nowt ,to keep Port Vale FC afloat.That included Tom Pope.Good luck and thank you to each and every one of them.

I agree . 

Didn't apply to Louis Dodds, who got an absolute shedload on here. Also the likes of Martin Foyle, Dean Glover and Neil Aspin, all absolute legends for us who've brought us a lot more success than Pope ever has, yet the vitriol they got when managers was shocking
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, philmpv said:

Didn't apply to Louis Dodds, who got an absolute shedload on here. Also the likes of Martin Foyle, Dean Glover and Neil Aspin, all absolute legends for us who've brought us a lot more success than Pope ever has, yet the vitriol they got when managers was shocking

Yes,you are spot on there,but the idiots have short memories.Those players were brilliant and we've done absolutely nowt since they've left.My point is that they all deserved fairness, not ridiculed .

13 hours ago, philmpv said:

Dodds was reviled on here on his second coming.

It was disgusting 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Mate it’s ridiculous, what makes some people so nasty ?

I don't think people are nasty mate.

I made quite a lengthy post a couple of weeks ago about Pope. 

I won't bore you with it but it was full of praise and great memories.

However football is ruthless, his time was up. I was actually sick of seeing his name, a poster on here was obsessed with him re-signing. 

We move on , people aren't nasty merely realistic . 

I think you should be less touchy about things 

Edited by darren1810
  • Like 4

Just now, tisdeano said:

Mate it’s the sneering, “ found his level “

Personally I did not post once he should stay

He’s had medically retire from an injury playing for our club, its very straightforward

I agree with your first paragraph completely. Disrespectful. 

I think folk got tired of the lazy ' well Kevin Ellison is still playing' quotes and the incessant rambling when it was clear he's not coming back.

He rightly gets a good send off with a testimonial and good wishes. 

Really think in both camps stay or go we need to move on. 

The king is dead long live the king.

I'm more interested now in James Wilson and Rodney . 

• Like 2

I don't know Phil but to be fair he's not brought it up 
And the other week another poster was in bits about Pope going and monopolised the whole thread .
Just trying add balance as Phil is replying to news Pope has signed for Congleton 
Absolutely spot on. I've only responded to Pope comments over the past few months and started nowt. Seems that is frowned upon now though, if you aren't gushing with Pro-Pope propaganda. I'll refer back to this thread and certain posters when Rodney, Wilson etc are subject to the horrendous abuse reserved by some fans during the course of the season