onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope Analysis

LancyTony

Advert

Good luck to Popey at Congleton ,shame about the career ending injury sustained v Sunderland in nothing trophy,he owes us nothing being a great servant to the club. 

Back on track I feel we do  not have enough goals in us hopefully theres a revolving door this week and 3 transfer listed players find new clubs to play for and the 3 replacements are coming in the door pronto .

Quite sad really that the first thing in some people’s minds is to come on here and gloat that a player that did so much for us is now playing non league and also to have a dig at other fans who thought he’d be worth another years deal. All because they think it vindicates their opinion to not renew him. As already stated the “found his level” comments are nothing but disrespectful and unnecessary. Well done lads 👏 

Twas me who first posted, "Vale should re-sign Tom Pope, we could do a lot worse. Still as good a leader of the line in this division as there is......",  it was posted before Vale signed Jamie Proctor and way before any information became available alleging Popey is "Retiring due to the injury sustained at Sunderland", (I have only seen he's signed for Congleton).

I still stick by my original and subsequent posts but the signing of a target man made it all a mute point.  At the time I was surprised at the disrespectful nature of the replies of some posters and even now some of the same posters are doing the same with comments like "He's found his true level".

Who knows what the future holds in football for Tom Pope and how much he'll play but shoulder injuries can be a long term problem depending on the extent of the damage, particularly for a footballer and particularly for a target man. Good luck Popey.

12 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Maybe he has shown that after the Vale he wants to remain local.
TBH Think your comment a bit disrespectful to a guy who is the Vale's post war record goal scorer.

Good luck Popey lad.

True star and wish him all the best for his future.Just enjoy yourself and hope you play on for another 10 years if thats what you want.

Thanks for everything you have done for the Vale. Our team. 

19 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Twas me who first posted, "Vale should re-sign Tom Pope, we could do a lot worse. Still as good a leader of the line in this division as there is......",  it was posted before Vale signed Jamie Proctor and way before any information became available alleging Popey is "Retiring due to the injury sustained at Sunderland", (I have only seen he's signed for Congleton).

I still stick by my original and subsequent posts but the signing of a target man made it all a mute point.  At the time I was surprised at the disrespectful nature of the replies of some posters and even now some of the same posters are doing the same with comments like "He's found his true level".

Who knows what the future holds in football for Tom Pope and how much he'll play but shoulder injuries can be a long term problem depending on the extent of the damage, particularly for a footballer and particularly for a target man. Good luck Popey.

What a cracking career he has had. Some ups and some downs but he has done us proud. HE IS A VALE LAD who has given his all for the Vale. If Rodney, Wilson etc give us half the commitment Tom gave us i will be happy. If they score half the goals i will be happy but that remains to be seen and i have my doubts.

It was time to go for Tom. We cant do anything about that

Good luck Popey lad. Go on playing as long as you possibly can, so long as you still enjoy the buzz of the game. You started as a young kid in a mans game, hope you now finish as an owd man in a mans game. Move in to management if thats your wish and whatever level you are at, ENJOY

Thanks for everything Tom

29 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Good luck Popey lad.

True star and wish him all the best for his future.Just enjoy yourself and hope you play on for another 10 years if thats what you want.

Thanks for everything you have done for the Vale. Our team. 

Exactly this. He's done his bit for us, we will never forget him, but it's time for pastures new.  Go get 'em Tom.

On 08/07/2021 at 23:17, Paul6754 said:

You have no concrete knowledge of whether any manager, let alone 23 of them,  is or isn't fighting for the signature of any released or transfer listed Vale player so your statement above, despite you trying to cover your back, is pure garbage. The rest of your statements are your opinion which is neither fact or evidence and only compelling to you.

A definition of compelling is, "Evoking interest" and this evidence has evoked your interest although in an unpleasant way hence my reply. This type of data is useful in that it reveals trends that aren't apparent to the eye but you appear to go with your gut feel which is totally up to you.

I am not trying to win any argument. I've just posted a reasoned case for Vale to re-sign Tom Pope and subsequently backed it up with data when challenged by another poster who used a miss-leading interpretation of Wiki data to make his point.

The very last thing I would do is to take advice from someone who needs to calm down and be less emotional. This is all mute now as Jamie Proctor was signed days ago.

Fuller definitions of compelling include ‘not able to be refuted, inspiring conviction’, and ‘not able to be resisted, overwhelming’.

For whatever reason the ‘evidence’ has not been compelling enough for a deal to be secured elsewhere in the pro game, and has seen Tom signing at level  9 / Step 5 of the football pyramid.

For the record I wish him well, but this confirms DC’s assessment of the evidence Is in tune with that of others in the pro game.

Fuller definitions of compelling include ‘not able to be refuted, inspiring conviction’, and ‘not able to be resisted, overwhelming’.
For whatever reason the ‘evidence’ has not been compelling enough for a deal to be secured elsewhere in the pro game, and has seen Tom signing at level  9 / Step 5 of the football pyramid.
For the record I wish him well, but this confirms DC’s assessment of the evidence Is in tune with that of others in the pro game.

He wouldn’t pass a medical hence him playing at level 9 step 5

Archived