onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope Analysis

LancyTony

On 07/07/2021 at 11:03, Bald Eagle said:

Agreed, however would be interesting to see the figures excluding penalties (which only featured in his 2nd spell).  Also number of games scored in rather than just number of goals.  Felt like Tom either had the better of the (eg Southend away scoring a brace) or was totally dominated - this would show the decline that DC has also seen, alongside the other areas listed (lifestyle / impact on dressing room if he was no longer the main man) etc.

Either way I have no intention of working the stats out as he has gone and I am clear this was the right decision for the good of the club.

I totally agree with your last paragraph.  I wasn't arguing that he should have stayed, just pleased to se those goal stats laid out so clearly as they were.

Advert

On 07/07/2021 at 13:12, Bald Eagle said:

Paul I look forward to your follow up articles with a compelling case for ‘The World is Flat’ and The Easter Bunny is alive and well’

I see you don't like compelling evidence and prefer to be away with the fairies.

On 07/07/2021 at 13:56, Jacko51 said:

Fortunately, our views are irrelevant because we don’t have to make the decisions. 

Of course our views are irrelevant especially as many of us are Vale for life and there's no walking away.

56 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

I see you don't like compelling evidence and prefer to be away with the fairies.

That’s why the other 23 managers are fighting over his signature I take it.  Jog on - he is well over the hill.  My eyes give me all the compelling evidence I need - as well as Darrell’s.  Just because it is your ‘evidence’ does not make it compelling.  He only managed to score in 2 games last season - yes 2! He was pitiful last year to all but the blindest nostalgics.  

Enjoy the memories, but live in the present.  No matter what your views he aint coming back - get over it.  

This is an argument you want to continue but will never win.  DC is judge and jury.  Get your Hanley Town season ticket if you want to continue your love affair.

4 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

That’s why the other 23 managers are fighting over his signature I take it.  Jog on - he is well over the hill.  My eyes give me all the compelling evidence I need - as well as Darrell’s.  Just because it is your deluded ‘evidence’ does not make it compelling.  Knock the penalties out, and look at the number of games he had a positive impact on the goals for column.  He scored in 2 games last season -  2!   He was pitiful last year to all but the blindest nostalgics.  

Enjoy the memories, but live in the present.  No matter what your views he aint coming back - get over it.  

This is an argument you want to continue but will never win.  DC is judge and jury.  Get your Hanley Town season ticket if you want to continue your love affair.

That’s why the other 23 managers are fighting over his signature I take it.  Jog on - he is well over the hill.  My eyes give me all the compelling evidence I need - as well as Darrell’s.  Just because it is your ‘evidence’ does not make it compelling.  He only managed to score in 2 games last season - yes 2! He was pitiful last year to all but the blindest nostalgics.  

Wrong Town

On 07/07/2021 at 19:33, Rampant Zebra said:

Of course not but I am of the opinion that contract discussions etc are personal and should be conducted in private. 

Whose contract discussion was carried out in public, Rancid? Or do you mean he generalised the underperformers as "deadwood", and that classed as contract discussions? Not the same thing at all - didn't his crack about deadwood come immediately after an embarrassing and gutless performance?

Oh mate, please tell me it's Leek Town Popeye's going to. I already have a season ticket for there.

I am also getting a Hanley ST as enjoyed a few games there when Vale nor Leek were at home.

Even been with my mate to watch games at Milton United when possible.

No, before I'm told otherwise, I have got a life! Lol.  I just find local, grass roots, football  brilliant events where you can do all those things professional football no longer allow - pints, standing, cheap chips & gravy, just real football played by real footballers in stadiums staffed by enthusiastic volunteers who clearly love their clubs. Finally games played without cheats and penalties are not 'won' like it has become the norm in the professional game and was last night. Oh, and no bludy VAR.

10 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Whose contract discussion was carried out in public, Rancid? Or do you mean he generalised the underperformers as "deadwood", and that classed as contract discussions? Not the same thing at all - didn't his crack about deadwood come immediately after an embarrassing and gutless performance?

There is no need to be offensive Tiny🙂

Archived