onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale v Sheffield Wednesday friendly

rayzer

Sheffield Wednesday have announced that they are playing us at Vale Park on 27th July with  a 7.30pm kick off. So why isn't our club announcing this friendly? Don't they want us to watch it. This is the third friendly I have seen reported by other clubs but not our own club. Who is responsible for this? The other two are Nottingham Forest and Fleetwood.

• rayzer changed the title to Port Vale v Sheffield Wednesday friendly

Advert

What percentage of Vale fans are on twitter?
You don't have to be on Twitter to look at Twitter. It's the first medium of choice for announcements. All you have to do is Google 'Port Vale twitter' and it comes up in your search results. What do you want them to do? Call you personally?

I would expect it to be on the official Port Vale site or the Sentinel where most fans would get their information from.You don't need to get snippy just because you are a twitter nerd.
The Club doesn't control or have any say in what the Sentinel reports. I take your point re the official site though. FYI, I'm not a 'Twitter nerd'. I don't have a Twitter account. I just know that's where the Club makes its announcements first by and large, so check it daily. No need to get snippy yourself just because you're a Luddite

22 hours ago, philmpv said:

The Club doesn't control or have any say in what the Sentinel reports. I take your point re the official site though. FYI, I'm not a 'Twitter nerd'. I don't have a Twitter account. I just know that's where the Club makes its announcements first by and large, so check it daily. No need to get snippy yourself just because you're a Luddite emoji38.png

nowt wrong with luddites youth!😄

On 03/07/2021 at 08:49, philmpv said:
On 03/07/2021 at 08:46, rayzer said:
What percentage of Vale fans are on twitter?

You don't have to be on Twitter to look at Twitter. It's the first medium of choice for announcements. All you have to do is Google 'Port Vale twitter' and it comes up in your search results. What do you want them to do? Call you personally?

Must admit, I didn’t realise you don’t have to be on Twitter to be able to see tweets from the club.

For me, it's a bit surprising that Twitter is sometimes the only media used.

For instance, there was no announcement of the new home kit on the official website. There still isn't. As that website is the "official" web presence of the club (i.e. owned by them rather than being an account on a social media site) that was a bit surprising.

There's also technical reasons to put it on the official website (it will appear in SEO results and news results such as Google News and NewsNow) which will also get it to a wider audience. That won't happen with a tweet.

It also makes common sense to share news that promotes the club to as many channels as possible. 

I can't imagine it's that difficult. For instance, when I want to promote something on OVF, I write it on the blog and then link to that article from Twitter and Facebook. That way, I only write it once but get it onto three channels. I also don't do it all the time on Twitter/Facebook as if I put everything on them there would be less need for people to visit OVF.

It's not the end of the world but I wouldn't be happy with my hypothetical media team not posting all news on all platforms that the club does have available to them. All news should be posted at the very least on the official website, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Most of which are linked so you only have to type it up once and you can share it to the others with one click of a button.

On 03/07/2021 at 08:30, rayzer said:

Sheffield Wednesday have announced that they are playing us at Vale Park on 27th July with  a 7.30pm kick off. So why isn't our club announcing this friendly? Don't they want us to watch it. This is the third friendly I have seen reported by other clubs but not our own club. Who is responsible for this? The other two are Nottingham Forest and Fleetwood.

Maybe the Director of Commercial and Publicity at Port Vale will enlighten us Rayzer🤔🤔🤔 

On 03/07/2021 at 08:30, rayzer said:

Currently 23 days to this game - that might be long enough for it to be announced in good time? I doubt there will be a scramble for tickets?

Archived