A welcome return for the travel section!

After an entire season being hidden as there was no reason to show it, I'm pleased to be able to bring the travel section back on the forum. Let's hope it's possible in the new 21/22 season.

• Like 1

Advert:

Just hoping we can travel as there's plenty of grounds I want to visit this season if possible, Northampton as usual as my brother lives 10 minute from their ground and we always have a good day of it, Salford, Harrogate and Barrow along with Newport and Sutton as they will all be new grounds for me.

Advert:

50 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Are people going to ditch the masks?

Personal preference to suit the situation, but  they do improve some people`s appearance if I could only remember what they looked like. 😁

36 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Yeah, I meant on a personal basis. Maybe it's more one for the Covid thread.

Proper to the Covid thread in principle,  but personal  aspects applying to grounds or public transport are of interest to the thread.  I am likely to continue with my mask on public transport.

Advert:

Yeah, me too. As much as I'm looking forward to getting back to matches, I can't pretend I'm particularly enthusiastic about attending large(ish) events, both in terms of general anxiety and super-spreading. Concourses can be horrible places at the best of times, let alone when all this is going on. So many of us will be catching the virus from attending games.

Posted (edited)

If you're prepared to travel half way across the country to watch a fourth division football team - quite probably by public transport or via a motorway service station - and still decide to wear a face nappy at the match despite standing in the open air, then fair play to you.

Edited by jjvale_03
  • Like 1

It's not so much the watching the game that's the issue for me, more the parts where you have to be in an enclosed place. Vale Park seems better than most places, especially Railway side as most of it is open but I'll probably be avoiding enclosed concourses or wear a mask. Thinking of places like Bury and Rochdale where we'll be taking a large following and those areas always seem to be crammed. I'll probably continue using my mask on public transport too.

Advert: