onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match thread: Kidsgrove Athletic v Port Vale, friendly 3/7/21

robf

Thought Eden Bailey was showing for the ball well, good anticipation, and looked sharp in and around the box  as someone has said he looked strong and sturdy with low centre of gravity. Fully deserved goal.  Ok interesting 45 minutes from Amoo playing central.  

Advert

1 minute ago, andy jones said:

Thought Eden Bailey was showing for the ball well, good anticipation, and looked sharp in and around the box  as someone has said he looked strong and sturdy with low centre of gravity. Fully deserved goal.  Ok interesting 45 minutes from Amoo playing central.  

Amoo could of been playing there due to lack of forwards maybe? As for Bailey i think they hope for good things from him during his 2nd year at youth level,it would be nice to get a striker come through

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Seems odd not to let the transfer listed players have a chance to put themselves in the shop window when we play 6 youth teamers and a trialist

After last season, do you really think they would have looked good? Really?

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Amoo could of been playing there due to lack of forwards maybe? As for Bailey i think they hope for good things from him during his 2nd year at youth level,it would be nice to get a striker come through

Maybe Amoo is being looked at as a striker option. Has the pace but will need a more clinical finish. 

Like has been said, dirty game and Kidsgrove should be thankful that Vale give them a little boost in pre-season. I would be taking my business elsewhere if your going to fly in like a play off game and potentially injure our players.

Like has been said, dirty game and Kidsgrove should be thankful that Vale give them a little boost in pre-season. I would be taking my business elsewhere if your going to fly in like a play off game and potentially injure our players.
Thought it was only me who noticed a few elbows flyin in don't expect kid gloves but you don't want injuries 5 days in

51 minutes ago, dishydave said:

For those of us who didn't make today's game like myself can some body tell me
How did the new players look.

Good, overall, albeit against limited (but determined) opposition. Pett looked quality, though he played within himself. Wilson looked bright, albeit he scored a flukey goal. Martin didn't have much to do at all but did what he needed to. Walker also did fine without really shining. Nobody had a shocker.

It was basically a more intense training match. Performances mean very little at the moment. It's all about building up your fitness.

One or two posters seem to suggest it was a dirty game, far from it.  There were one or two robust challenges on both sides.  The Kidsgrove guy who was subbed off by the ref had reacted to Wozzas challenged on him rather than committed  a bad tackle.

Overall the game looked what it was, a very early preseason friendly.

10 hours ago, PV1973 said:

I know it was a friendly with nothing on it, but Pett looked nice and tidy on the ball as well as being very mobile in that holding role. 

I am really happy to get a player like him,we know that he was by far Stevenage's best player and so his quality should stand out a bit like Benning as well(we will keep him if we can gain promotion)

Archived