onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match thread: Kidsgrove Athletic v Port Vale, friendly 3/7/21

robf

I think this getting injured situation is one of the reasons that the bigger clubs steer clear of playing at small non league outfits, I know Stoke City wouldn't play at Newcastle Town because the pitch wasn't up to standard and they felt the injury risk was too great and also they didn't want the risk of the local lad bragging they had left one on one of their new multi million pound players.

That said It's good that the Vale do start their season off by playing and supporting Kidsgrove and Newcastle Town and I'm sure there is an agreement that the game is played in the right spirit, which the game was yesterday with the exception of the one lad who was quite rightly withdrawn.

Advert

19 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I think this getting injured situation is one of the reasons that the bigger clubs steer clear of playing at small non league outfits, I know Stoke City wouldn't play at Newcastle Town because the pitch wasn't up to standard and they felt the injury risk was too great and also they didn't want the risk of the local lad bragging they had left one on one of their new multi million pound players.

That said It's good that the Vale do start their season off by playing and supporting Kidsgrove and Newcastle Town and I'm sure there is an agreement that the game is played in the right spirit, which the game was yesterday with the exception of the one lad who was quite rightly withdrawn.

You can’t say owt about the standard of the pitch yesterday.  Apart from the slope it was magnificent.

Breed 'em tough in Kidsgrove. I remember Stan Mathews and Jackie Mudie coming from Stoke to open the new artificial, gravel based pitch at Clough Hall Comprehensive and watch the school team play.

After about 15 mins Stan came on still dressed in his suite and leather shoes  for a few mins of footie but after about 30 secs of being on the pitch someone knocked him 3 foot in the air and he bust his watch when he fell, he left soon after.

25 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

We have to remember the opposition but i noticed UV said that Dyer the young lad invited back played well? also how did Garrity play,hasn't got a mention out of the new lads

Dyer had a good game… seemed athletic (his first action was to leap 6ft in the air and win a header leading with his knee)

He had some pace and a bit of skill and was always looking to go forward.

It was interesting that DCs shouted message to him a few times was “find the simple pass”

Of course the opposition has to be taken into account, RCG played well one year… but he looks like someone that could be worked on.

Garrity has an engine and did a lot of running, made a few nice passes around the box and had one of his apparent trademark late runs into the box for a header…  but he didn’t especially stand out… he was part of the first half team that seemed to lump it forward to Rodney and Wilson bypassing the midfield.

Midfield in the second half was far better at holding the ball and passing it around.

32 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Breed 'em tough in Kidsgrove. I remember Stan Mathews and Jackie Mudie coming from Stoke to open the new artificial, gravel based pitch at Clough Hall Comprehensive and watch the school team play.

After about 15 mins Stan came on still dressed in his suite and leather shoes  for a few mins of footie but after about 30 secs of being on the pitch someone knocked him 3 foot in the air and he bust his watch when he fell, he left soon after.

eh the good old days, not the whimps of today.

32 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Dyer had a good game… seemed athletic (his first action was to leap 6ft in the air and win a header leading with his knee)

He had some pace and a bit of skill and was always looking to go forward.

It was interesting that DCs shouted message to him a few times was “find the simple pass”

Of course the opposition has to be taken into account, RCG played well one year… but he looks like someone that could be worked on.

Garrity has an engine and did a lot of running, made a few nice passes around the box and had one of his apparent trademark late runs into the box for a header…  but he didn’t especially stand out… he was part of the first half team that seemed to lump it forward to Rodney and Wilson bypassing the midfield.

Midfield in the second half was far better at holding the ball and passing it around.

It's been a while since we have the midfielder that ghosts into the area for a late header etc... cummins like

Is Dyer a decent size or is he the small tricky type,I am hopeful we can unearth a youth Gem,they have high hopes of Bailey,hopefully he will get more chances to play in these friendlies 

21 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

It's been a while since we have the midfielder that ghosts into the area for a late header etc... cummins like

Is Dyer a decent size or is he the small tricky type,I am hopeful we can unearth a youth Gem,they have high hopes of Bailey,hopefully he will get more chances to play in these friendlies 

He’s more slight and speedy but not necessarily short… think more Demari Grey then Adama Traoré

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

He’s more slight and speedy but not necessarily short… think more Demari Grey then Adama Traoré

Just seen these official photos… he’s a little shorter than I remembered.

photos next to Wilson (6ft+) and Bailey (shorty) put him in the middle but nearer the latter.

DEC78BCD-930C-41FC-AFDB-9624239B894B.jpeg

F3EA814B-FB4E-46D5-8604-CC79C7554B11.jpeg

4B076310-CF35-4DB0-85D6-F1B2CFE60DB1.jpeg

Archived