Match thread: Kidsgrove Athletic v Port Vale, friendly 3/7/21

robf

The first friendly and a chance to see the team in action WITHOUT the screen buffering at the crucial moment.

Which of the newcomers will impress? Will there be any trialists? 

Share your thoughts...

Advert:

Advert:

So, some comments from DC ahead of the match (see the OVF frontpage for a couple of stories)

• Theo Robinson, Danny Whitehead and Scott Burgess are "good pros" but not part of his plans and not in his first-team squad.
  • The 19-man "first team squad" (so therefore not the three transfer-listed) and "couple of younger players" to play Kidsgrove so I suspect that's Michael Lennon and winger Ammar Dyer who are training with the first-team
  • One Trialist set to play
  • No player will play more than 45 mins (in that game, not over the whole season!)
  • He's still looking for up to four new additions
  • Like 1

This fixture always brings back so many memories for me. Spent mega amounts of time during by school years playing football in Clough Hall Park and also on Kidsgrove Athletic's pitch. In those days there were just two sets of goal post, no nets, no stands just a grassy area. Several years we even had a bonfire to the right of the pitch on Nov. 5th (Side with the houses on).

Advert:

4 hours ago, Santa said:

Will the gin tent in the corner be there this year or has Covid scuppered it?

No beer festival this year so no gin tent as far as I know.  There is the outside bar though.  No idea if the range of drinks on sale in the ground will be increased given the number of fans attending it it was pretty limited last time I was in the ground.

Can't wait for this game. I bought my ticket as soon as they went on sale in The Clough. It'll be fantastic to watch the big game of the day live in person. 

Hopefully the England match won't be too much of a let down after watching The Vale! 

UTV! 

Advert:

The biggest worry today - as with all pre-season friendlies - is whether we come out of the game with no injuries. A smaller squad is fine except when the injuries start to pile up. I'm no fan of the PFA (who is?) but when they complained about the potential of smaller squads to increase the rate of injuries, they were right.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how our new players are shaping up. UTV!