OVF player sponsorship - your thoughts

robf

Hello,

The cost of sponsoring a player is £300 (inc VAT) for home or away sponsorship or £540 (inc VAT) for both. Unfortunately that's beyond this website's budget.

However, I saw an idea on another football team's forum and I wondered if it may work here?

The other forum has set up a dedicated Paypal account and is asking for £10 donations from its members. When the total is raised, the sponsorship is paid, all donators will go into a hat and one will be drawn out to receive the player's signed shirt at the end of the season. 

Would anyone be interested? Clearly I'd need 30 of you in order to do a home kit sponsorship (or 54 to do both home and away) so I just want to gauge any interest.

I appreciate money may well be tight for some of you so please don't feel obliged to enter but if you're interested can you please reply to this thread. Thanks!

p.s. BTW as a plug for the club, if you want a sponsor a player separately here's a link to the page - https://www.port-vale.co.uk/siteassets/commercial/pvfc-player-sponsorship-final.pdf

Edit: Those were last season's prices so they may have changed. 

• Like 2

Advert:

A lot of fans have probably got their £10.00 vouchers from the club for leaving their season ticket money in the club. Perhaps they could donate them to raise the sponsorship money without actually paying anything out. Just a thought..

Advert:

Advert:

Advert:

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Count me in Rob .

Then maybe do an OVF vote for who to Sponsor ? Depending on availability obviously.

I think what I'll do is ask just those who put the money in to vote - in my view, that's the fairest way.

Thanks to those who have replied - looks encouraging already!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, robf said:

I think what I'll do is ask just those who put the money in to vote - in my view, that's the fairest way.

Thanks to those who have replied - looks encouraging already!

Thank you .Rob for all you do for onevalefan. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2