onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Issues with the OVF app

robf

Several of you have reported issues with the OVF app. 

It's a third party application which OVF pays to use and so I am contacting their support to find out what is going wrong.

I'll post any updates on here.

Thanks,

Rob

Advert

Hmmm. proving to be more tricky than I thought. I'm getting no support from them and my last attempt to update the app took the entire forum down (as some of you may have just noticed).

For now, the OVF forum does display well on a mobile browser so I'd recommend using that on a mobile as this may take some time...

Guest Vale at home
2 hours ago, robf said:

Hmmm. proving to be more tricky than I thought. I'm getting no support from them and my last attempt to update the app took the entire forum down (as some of you may have just noticed).

For now, the OVF forum does display well on a mobile browser so I'd recommend using that on a mobile as this may take some time...

Thank you . Rob for Letting us know . Can we help in any  way .

Thanks @vale victory - that's a bit worrying.

I've had nothing from their customer support and as I said when I tried to reinstall the app it took down the forum.

I've not had anything from Tapatalk but they are still happily taking my monthly fees. 

I'm afraid it may be a case of waiting till they get back to me and then seeing what the situation is.

If they can fix it, great. 

If not, I may have to look elsewhere (and I may come back to you for any suggestions of good forum apps as buying a bespoke one will cost a lot).

I'm sorry it is inconveniencing a lot of you but there's not a lot I can do till they reply unfortunately.

Hi, 

Update on the issue some are having with it not being in the App Store:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/10/24/tapatalk-has-been-pulled-from-the-google-play-store/

I presume this may have happened again.

I believe I may have access to the actual APK files and could make those available. It would mean you manually installing it though.

However, it's something of a moot point right now if the app doesn't work. So, in order - 

1. I'll try and get the app working

2. Then I'll look at how people get hold of it

3. Then I may very well ask for some money back from them

Cheers,

Rob

Thanks @vale victory - that's a bit worrying.
I've had nothing from their customer support and as I said when I tried to reinstall the app it took down the forum.
I've not had anything from Tapatalk but they are still happily taking my monthly fees. 
I'm afraid it may be a case of waiting till they get back to me and then seeing what the situation is.
If they can fix it, great. 
If not, I may have to look elsewhere (and I may come back to you for any suggestions of good forum apps as buying a bespoke one will cost a lot).
I'm sorry it is inconveniencing a lot of you but there's not a lot I can do till they reply unfortunately.

Tapatalk now Working again rob

Archived