literally anything you want to talk about...

I think there is a difference between a goalkeeper being able to stop the ball and his potential reliability to play 40 matches a season. Glad you are being entertained though. 

You always entertain me , I’m glad we are talking football rather than how awful V2001 were
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tisdeano said:

You always entertain me , I’m glad we are talking football rather than how awful V2001 were emoji106.png

I dont think even RZ  can seriously  argue that point tbf

Edited by werstayinup

I was just wondering if my life would have turned out differently if Ronnie Jepson had scored that header against Stoke 30 odd years ago. I then wondered why he never scored a goal for us but showed a decent return for the other sides he turned out for. (not sure if this is too random for the anything you want to talk about section)

2 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

I was just wondering if my life would have turned out differently if Ronnie Jepson had scored that header against Stoke 30 odd years ago. I then wondered why he never scored a goal for us but showed a decent return for the other sides he turned out for. (not sure if this is too random for the anything you want to talk about section)

Ronnie has made a very good living out of football.....The lad done well.

3 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Ronnie has made a very good living out of football.....The lad done well.

I understand that and I personally thought he was a decent player. He played a good number of games for Vale as a central attacker but never scored. It also got me to thinking how long is a reasonable amount of games for a newcomer to league football to get on the score sheet? 

I'm wondering why you can hug everyone around you at Wembley/the pub when England score but I can't take the flagstick out when putting outside on the golf course  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

It would have triggered a butterfly effect where we didn’t end up selling him for £80 grand to PNE and use the money to buy van der Laan, then sell him in a swap deal with Lee Mills and cash to buy Jon McCarthy. Then sell McCarthy to buy Ainsworth. 

3 hours ago, WV said:

I'm wondering why you can hug everyone around you at Wembley/the pub when England score but I can't take the flagstick out when putting outside on the golf course  

Because the Tories are full of crap.

• Like 1

Swindon Town appear to be in financial trouble, players not paid last month and ground rent not paid for twelve months.

The rumour on the net yesterday was that Derby had been relegated players were leaving yesterday.

Our beloved neighbours that small club in Blurton selling assets and releasing big contract players, I hope everything is okay.

A golf course is a more restrained atmosphere, not that I have ever played but I used to use a bridle path to cycle across one a few years back. Whereas the effects of Wembley hugging have yet to be calculated.

I'd like a little information please. I note Dean Whitehead has joined you as first-team coach. I seem to recall there was an assistant to Darrell Clarke who was credited by some supporters as being responsible for the very good run you went on a few weeks after Clarke arrived. Am I right? Who was he and is he still with you?

I'd like a little information please. I note Dean Whitehead has joined you as first-team coach. I seem to recall there was an assistant to Darrell Clarke who was credited by some supporters as being responsible for the very good run you went on a few weeks after Clarke arrived. Am I right? Who was he and is he still with you?
Random. It's Andy Crosby, and yes he is. Just signed a permanent deal. Some do seem to think that he was the sole reason for our upturn in form, largely based on coincidence. Whether he was or not nobody can really say. What we can say though is that he is a proper, experienced coach, which is a lot more than we had before with Danny 'I'm your mate' Pugh and Frank Sinclair!
  • Like 1

Don't tell him, he might be a spy!

33 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Random. It's Andy Crosby, and yes he is. Just signed a permanent deal. Some do seem to think that he was the sole reason for our upturn in form, largely based on coincidence. Whether he was or not nobody can really say. What we can say though is that he is a proper, experienced coach, which is a lot more than we had before with Danny 'I'm your mate' Pugh and Frank Sinclair!

His name was Michael Brown, really good coach and got the players performing week in and week out. He's currently without a club so it may well be worth you giving him a call.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5