Advert

Advert

iFollow - 2021-22 season

toyahw

Advert

1 hour ago, robf said:

1) I sound like a right smug <ovf censored>

Going to be banning yourself there Rob 😉

I know the ifollow thing was an emergency measure for last season, but given how generally successful it was,  it would be a shame not to learn from it and grant more access in the UK, with the correct pricing structure.

The number of passes sold was way above what I expected, given that ST holders got home games free, as was the cash it bought in. Quarter of a million is not to be sniffed at, even though it of course came nowhere near replacing lost revenue.

CG seems to have a bit of a sniffy attitude to it and favour a return to the pre-Covid regime. This seems a shame to me as there is an opportunity to let Vale fans watch more games than they otherwise would have, whilst bringing some extra cash into the club. Win win.

5 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Quarter of a million is not to be sniffed at, even though it of course came nowhere near replacing lost revenue.

CG seems to have a bit of a sniffy attitude to it and favour a return to the pre-Covid regime. This seems a shame to me as there is an opportunity to let Vale fans watch more games than they otherwise would have, whilst bringing some extra cash into the club. Win win.

I'd agree with that. Arguably the PL has completely grasped the possibilities of TV revenue and revenue away from the game. Yes, they have a more high profile product and we don't want to go the way of "plastic" fans but I don't think that would happen with the likes of Vale anyhow. Vale fans are not doing it for kudos and clubs do need to move with the times and make sure all revenue streams are activated.

8 minutes ago, robf said:

@DohaI don't think they are available nationwide though. As the Freeview page says "depending on your region"...

1054921247_Screenshot2021-07-07120002.jpg.2867446c3064d13e51704a5344d67c06.jpg

So, for me in Buckinghamshire my local services on Freeview are Bucks, Beds and Herts - but when I'm in Stoke at my mum's Radio Stoke is available on Freeview. 

Ah right, fair enough I thought they were nationwide as the list on mine is quite extensive.

• 11 months later...

Just have to let it run to renew which is a no brainer. I believe 70% of the subscription money goes to PVFC.

Also noticed the e-mail gave this excellent piece of news, "For the very first time, in the 2022/23 season all 46 of your team’s games are guaranteed to be shown live on iFollow, regardless of any television broadcast selections".

All that's required now is for the EFL and FA and iFollow to get together and include FA Cup and League Cup matches and we'll have videoo on the full set!!

On 18/06/2021 at 02:03, toyahw said:

The ifollow season pass came up for renewal about a week ago. Of course I did it. But not with much "buzz" to be honest. More, habit. That's a 150 quid in the club's coffers from me.

Hi Toyah just started this thread from page 1 - here is ur post from this time last year - what a difference a year makes  - its ace isn't it 😄 👍

Living abroad it's a godsend.For only 160€ . Though in my email they called me Charles,after telling then that my name wasn't Charles and the clue for my real name was my email address they apologised. I can understand perfectly why it's not available in the UK. I saw how much Vale made from it last season but can't remember the figure. Wasn't bad at all

The service is way better than when it started but last season if you missed a game,you had to wait 24 hours before you could watch the full version again. Exeter at home.Of course i couldn't wait 24 hours to find out the score

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

Just have to let it run to renew which is a no brainer. I believe 70% of the subscription money goes to PVFC.

Also noticed the e-mail gave this excellent piece of news, "For the very first time, in the 2022/23 season all 46 of your team’s games are guaranteed to be shown live on iFollow, regardless of any television broadcast selections".

All that's required now is for the EFL and FA and iFollow to get together and include FA Cup and League Cup matches and we'll have videoo on the full set!!

I think a few clubs Ipswich ,Sheff Wed ,Derby weren't signed up and that was 6 games you'd miss as well.Glad to see sense has prevailed. Carol could also look at the Vale doing their own version if IFollow don't do it. Imagine the IFollow viewing figures for Salford vs Stevenage.

Also I would pay more for my season pass.It is great value

Wasnt ifollow desinged for expats? I stopped buying as the poor streams and lack of customer service did my nut in.

I thought it was good value at first, but having missed the games that finish at 4am, not knowing if the stream would work, and the continued price increases I decided to jack it in. Why some Vale fans are obsessed with price increases is beyond strange.

Archived