onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Training Ground Relocation??

MBE

During the supporters club meeting I recall Flitcroft saying he had viewed different sites to move training away from VP in an attempt to make match days more of an event and that little bit more special for the players.

I've noticed during this past week there has been an awful lot of work taking place at Bradley Development Centre, lots of sand and aggregate on site plus the scruffy wild grasses located next to the existing pitches has been transformed.It seems far too much for the council to upgrade especially as these pitches are actually quite decent already for the area. 

I also noticed the guy on the tractor was wearing a Vale training top.  Maybe I'm adding 2 and 2 together and coming up with 22  but it thought this could perhaps be our new training site.

Has anyone heard anything?

Advert

6 hours ago, Doha said:

Good shout but there's no relevant new planning permission for that site so it's likely just the council upgrading stuff.

If it was already being used for football pitches would it need new planning permission?

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

If it was already being used for football pitches would it need new planning permission?

They would to build a permanent structure for the necessary facilities. Changing rooms, offices, medical facilities, gym, storage. It would be a change of land use from community to commercially operated facilities. 

It looks like it would be a really good site for it though. Just up the road from VP and hardstanding car park already in place. 

Coincidentally the planning permission gorm applied for to build apartments in the corner between the LS and the HR end sort of expires in two days. Thank god they didn't get built for obvious reasons. 

Although on the other hand Flitcroft did say something about it generating income for the business as well as forming part of a Vale 'university' system where we provide the facilities for apprenticeships/internships/training courses in all sorts of sports related stuff. I've noticed we're appearing on the gov.uk apprenticeship portal quite a bit already, offering sports journalism and marketing courses etc, so maybe there's something in the idea of us working in joint partnership with the council?

If it's too close to VP we'd only be unnecessarily competing with Dimensions but if the new site is far away enough and if there's enough acres going, we'd be daft not to consider an artificial pitch rental facility on site we could use in the shltty winter months when the proper ones would be flooded or too hard, and rent out for the rest of the day. Sutton generated £200,000/year on theirs for example. 

17 minutes ago, ethan and archies dad said:

again, only what i have been told, so dont shoot the messenger but purchased for a lot of money

Nothing of the sort, i was only speculating on options.  Even better if it is a purchase. All good rumours have an element of reality about them. We will have to wait and see, hope it is true.

My understanding is a lease signed on Bradeley , this is for youth as we try and achieve L2 academy status ( hence all the additional coaching staff ) Bycars will remain for first team with some additional tweeks
Are not training grounds usually for all teams first team down to academy levels ?

Archived