Pre season friendly

Rampant Zebra

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Once again behind closed doors. Don't get why they do this, in an f'ing pre-season friendly.

Keeps cost down ... they will hold it on their training facility and not have to open the stadium.

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

Keeps cost down ... they will hold it on their training facility and not have to open the stadium.

Maybe so, but why at this moment in time when everyone; clubs, players and supporters alike, are absolutely ACKING to get back?

Advert:

Always been a bug bear of mine every pre-season. 

Leeds Villa Everton Wolves all possible 4500 plus friendlies, admission, souvenirs, refreshments. 

We end up with a Burnley X1 , Fleetwood and Blackpool in front of 1000 . 

A decent friendly in the sunshine ( hopefully ) is a real chance to get some coin in the coffers .

Just seems for years really we have had unimaginative friendlies . 

Bury even managed to play Rangers before they became no more .

One day eh 

32 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Always been a bug bear of mine every pre-season. 

Leeds Villa Everton Wolves all possible 4500 plus friendlies, admission, souvenirs, refreshments. 

We end up with a Burnley X1 , Fleetwood and Blackpool in front of 1000 . 

A decent friendly in the sunshine ( hopefully ) is a real chance to get some coin in the coffers .

Just seems for years really we have had unimaginative friendlies . 

Bury even managed to play Rangers before they became no more .

One day eh 

Off topic I know, but I remember when we played Wolves their first game of the season after they got relegated to league 1. The atmosphere was rocking! I can't wait to see us get back to league 1 to clubs that actually bother to bring fans to grounds

1 minute ago, maccapvfc said:

Off topic I know, but I remember when we played Wolves their first game of the season after they got relegated to league 1. The atmosphere was rocking! I can't wait to see us get back to league 1 to clubs that actually bother to bring fans to grounds

Sutton fans ordered a tandem to bring them to Vale Park next season !! 

Advert:

It's a struggle to get a prem side in a friendly now as they got on pre season tours in America Japan ect instead. If you do play a prem side it tends to be either man utd youngsters or somebody like West brom who are a relegation team everytime there in the prem.

5 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

It's a struggle to get a prem side in a friendly now as they got on pre season tours in America Japan ect instead. If you do play a prem side it tends to be either man utd youngsters or somebody like West brom who are a relegation team everytime there in the prem.

If ever you are going to get a decent premier league team at home its this year, no one will be touring to Asia or America like normal.

7 hours ago, valefan79 said:

If ever you are going to get a decent premier league team at home its this year, no one will be touring to Asia or America like normal.

Good point.

Advert:

Good point, but I suppose the players involved in the Euros will have a break.

Archived