onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Euro 2020

robf

Advert

28 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

An absolute awful penalty and a great dive by Raheem but who cares.

I do a bit. Feels a bit tight. If we did it to habitual cheats like Italy I wouldn't care a jot, but it's very harsh on a battling Denmark side. 

I'm going to be absolutely, absolutely, absolutely hammered by 7:59pm on Sunday as I won't be able to get through a minute of that game sober. Jesus Christ. 

I do a bit. Feels a bit tight. If we did it to habitual cheats like Italy I wouldn't care a jot, but it's very harsh on a battling Denmark side. 
I'm going to be absolutely, absolutely, absolutely hammered by 7:59pm on Sunday as I won't be able to get through a minute of that game sober. Jesus Christ. 

They had an awful penalty to beat us in the nations league all be it this is a higher level but felt their free kick was six of one half a dozen of the other and the Kane one could easily have gone our way.

They battled well the Danes but looked dead on their feet after an hour and ended up taking their best players off.

Their taking their big players off as we are throwing on Grealish, Foden and Henderson in extra time shows the difference in depth I guess.

Huge game Sunday now. Italy looked there for the taking last night, Spain just have nothing up top. Should be a cracker.

Soft, soft penalty but we were stronger than Denmark overall and deserved to win the game. In fact 2-1 flattered them I thought. Schmeichel made a couple of outstanding saves and if our final ball had been better, especially in extra time, we would have been clean through on goal on three or four occasions. I also thought Kane could have easily had a penalty prior to the one that he scored from, and their goal came from a free kick that was also a poor decision. The referee had a shocker.

Anyway, Kane showed why he's one of the best players in the world with his overall display. Sterling must be in the running for player of the tournament. Also think Maguire has looked an 80 million pound defender in an England shirt in in the few games he's played. Stones not far behind either.

We'll need to produce out best performance of the tournament to beat Italy but we have a genuine chance. They won't fancy the pace and movement we can offer up top. Playing 'quite well' or only in periods like last night won't be enough.

2 hours ago, mikey said:

We probably deserved the win, but questions will be asked of the penalty. 

We are in the final and thats all that matters.

Probably? What game were you watching? There's no probably about it. Miles the better side. Denmark gave as good as they got for an hour. After that it was all England.

6 hours ago, Beech said:

Probably? What game were you watching? There's no probably about it. Miles the better side. Denmark gave as good as they got for an hour. After that it was all England.

Yes, agree. When Denmark got their goal they had weathered the early England storm and were playing really crisp passing football and imo were good for their lead. England were second best at this point and Pickford in particular made me nervous; easily his worst game in this tournament and the occasion seemed to have got to him.

But England's response was magnificent and Denmark were broken by the equaliser. By the time an hour was played Denmark were dead on their feet and it was a matter of time before England got another. Yeah, the penalty was soft, but we have been on the receiving end of some shocking decisions over the years, so we were due a slice of good fortune.

And massive credit to how they played during extra time, particularly the second period. Denmark were chasing shadows at the end and it showed just how far this team has come since the horror of the Scotland game.

Onto Italy and hopefully glory. 

Amazing night and deservedly got the result in the end.

Pen was soft but equally they were lucky to not concede one for the foul on Kane. Hats off to Kaspar Schmeichel, man of the match by a distance IMO with 3 or 4 great saves.

A little bit of history made but the boys will need to dig deep one more time on Sunday against an Italy side that have probably been as impressive as any in the tournament.

Thought we looked nervous until we equalised, giving the ball away too often but settled down after the equaliser and I never felt Denmark would score again, it was just a case of we score or not. Never a penalty but I don’t think their goal was a free kick and could easily have been a penalty when Kane was fouled in the box, one of 2 bad referees in the tournament (Wales v Denmark being the other). We will have to play better to beat Italy, something like we played against Germany might do but saying that we easily deserved to win and Schmeichel was man of the match.

Anyone got any spare tickets for the final? Got my train and accommodation booked, entered the ballot for the fan zone in case I can’t get tickets. 

Archived