onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Euro 2020

robf

Advert

Great performance that. For me there was no question over phillips, he’s class and has shown that at leeds.

the issue for us today was Mings at CB, yes he will have tougher games but regardless he was excellent. 

for me mount, Mings, Foden, sterling and Phillips were all fantastic. Phillips MOTM by a country mile.  Only poor Performance was from Kane. 

2 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Not as good now as they were 3 fecking years ago and didn’t France put 4 past em 

They’re a very good side end of. Always the same when England beat a good side. ‘There not what they were’ give it a rest. Croatia have a list of quality players and will get through the group. Today was a good win and mings has proven himself. 

31 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Played a good side today....... world cup finalists, can’t be that bad!!

The World Cup was 3 years,Croatia were a decent side but they are very much on the decline and their better players all the wrong side of 30.  That world cup they beat Denmark, Russia and England in the knock out stages, don't think anyone had such an easy run to get to a final.  As i posted earier happy to be proved wrong but we have to be far better. 

57 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

The World Cup was 3 years,Croatia were a decent side but they are very much on the decline and their better players all the wrong side of 30.  That world cup they beat Denmark, Russia and England in the knock out stages, don't think anyone had such an easy run to get to a final.  As i posted earier happy to be proved wrong but we have to be far better. 

On a decline yes. But still a very decent side. We played really well today but guess there’s no pleasing some. Only area that was poor was Kane 

1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Not as good now as they were 3 fecking years ago and didn’t France put 4 past em 

Nobody is saying they are what they were. They miss Mandzukic, they certainly did yesterday, But they still have a midfield trio as good as anybody's. Still have Perisic. Still have other good players. France putting 4 past them in one game means nothing. Germany put what, 7 or 8 was it, past Brazil not that long ago in a final. That didn't mean that Brazil weren't an excellent side suddenly.

When England beat decent teams there are always people trying to dis-credit it by saying the opposition were crap, or didn't show up, for some strange reason.

1 hour ago, valefan79 said:

Modric is still world-class at 35. He's every bit as good now as he was 5 years ago. Perhaps doesn't quite have the same engine he used to, that's all. Being on the wrong side of 30 means very little for their players because none of them were exactly blessed with pace to begin with to lose it as can sometimes happen with footballers.

They were a fantastic team 3 years ago, now they're just a very good team. Still a great win for England all things considered. Croatia lack a world-class striker but they will still give just about anybody a real game.

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Finishing 2nd in the group gives an easier pathway in the knock out stages. 

I don’t hold with the idea of finishing second in a group to get an easier draw. You can’t shy away from playing the big teams.

It was the great philosopher / WWF wrestler Ric Flair who said that if you want to be the man, you have to beat the man. 

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Croatia are no way near as good as they were 3 years ago, they certainly miss Rakitic and I’m not sure they really wanted to beat England. Finishing 2nd in the group gives an easier pathway in the knock out stages. 

You can only beat what's in front of you but I still think Croatia are good enough to finish second in the group.

Archived