Euro 2020

Advert:

England have matchwinners, Foden, Kane, Mount, Rashford, Sterling ( woefully out of form ) . 

However the defence is extremely suspect , we can get away with Coady or Mings against Czechs or Scotland. 

The further you go in the tournament they aren't up to it. 

Potential to be England v France or Germany in the last 16 would be a real test of any credentials we might hope to have. 

29 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

England have matchwinners, Foden, Kane, Mount, Rashford, Sterling ( woefully out of form ) . 

However the defence is extremely suspect , we can get away with Coady or Mings against Czechs or Scotland. 

The further you go in the tournament they aren't up to it. 

Potential to be England v France or Germany in the last 16 would be a real test of any credentials we might hope to have. 

You are right we do have match winners up front. But we cannot score 

Advert:

AA now out of the squad injured. May sound harsh but could be a blessing for us. We’re short in midfielders and genuine forwards if kane isn’t fit where as we have a plenty of players who can play at right back. 

I just worry about us defensively. Pickford is a mistake waiting to happen. Mings is not good enough, actually think konsa who plays along side him is a better player. Coady is ok but slow and can only play in a 3. Without mcquire we will struggle at the back. 

Massive Alexander-Arnold fan, for me along with Kane and Foden, the 3 world class players that England have.  Despite the loss, could end up been a good thing though as harsh as it sounds sooner Tripper had got injured.  The squad made no sense to me, there were 26 players and we had only 5 central midfielders, Henderson who hasn't kicked a ball since February, Rice who missed all of April, Phillips just recovered from an injury and a 17 year old with next to no international experience.

Striker wise, we have Kane and Calvert-Lewin, Rashford who like Sterling has been really out of form is more of a wide player, so 2 out and out strikers.  I can't believe that there was no room for eith Bamford or Watkins. 

Mings, Coady, Phillips, Calvert-Lewin, Ward-Prowse (who will probably get called up now TAA is out - feck knows why.....are they going to bring him on as sub whenever we get a free-kick near the box?!) - none of them are good enough for the top international level.

Pickford, Stones, Walker are all a liability and very likely to give goals away - especially against the better, top-8 teams.

Sterling & Rashford are massively out-of-form, and yet will probably both get picked, as they are favourites of the manager.

Henderson & Maguire probably won't even get on the pitch all tournament, as they are so unready.

The manager is far too cautious and negative with his team selections and tactics. It drives me mad how many times the ball gets played back to, and between, the 2 centre-backs, almost as though we've got Beckenbauer and Bobby Moore playing there for us!)

Its a massive shame that Greenwood & TAA are injured, and that we haven't got a manager bold enough to utilise the attacking talent at his disposal.

Anyway, apart from all of that we are looking OK!

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Mings, Coady, Phillips, Calvert-Lewin, Ward-Prowse (who will probably get called up now TAA is out - feck knows why.....are they going to bring him on as sub whenever we get a free-kick near the box?!) - none of them are good enough for the top international level.

Pickford, Stones, Walker are all a liability and very likely to give goals away - especially against the better, top-8 teams.

Sterling & Rashford are massively out-of-form, and yet will probably both get picked, as they are favourites of the manager.

Henderson & Maguire probably won't even get on the pitch all tournament, as they are so unready.

The manager is far too cautious and negative with his team selections and tactics. It drives me mad how many times the ball gets played back to, and between, the 2 centre-backs, almost as though we've got Beckenbauer and Booby Moore playing there for us!)

Its a massive shame that Greenwood & TAA are injured, and that we haven't got a manager bold enough to utilise the attacking talent at his disposal.

Spot on, agree with everything you say there, I have no doubt that come the first game of the group stages, we will see a massively out of form Rashford and Sterling alongside Kane.  We have massive talents in Grealish, Foden, Mount and Sancho who if he was playing in England, supporters would have seen what a quality player he is, however I reckon we will stick to the safety first approach yet again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

9 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Can’t understand why last night he played players that aren’t joining the squad?

Agree, what was the point in playing Lingard when he’s not in the squad for the Euro’s

9 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Can’t understand why last night he played players that aren’t joining the squad?

Totally agree. 

It's like Whitehead and Theo playing at Kidsgrove and not been seen all season long ( hopefully ) . 

10 hours ago, philpvfc said:

1. To give players from the European finals a break.

2. There are players such as Maguire and Henderson who aren't yet recovered from injury.

3. To keep the "reserves" up to speed - one will be needed to replace Alexander Arnold.

Advert:

11 hours ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

The manager is far too cautious and negative with his team selections and tactics. It drives me mad how many times the ball gets played back to, and between, the 2 centre-backs, almost as though we've got Beckenbauer and Bobby Moore playing there for us!)

Sterling and Rashford are still recovering from injuries as well.

2 hours ago, EricHamesis said:

1. To give players from the European finals a break.

2. There are players such as Maguire and Henderson who aren't yet recovered from injury.

3. To keep the "reserves" up to speed - one will be needed to replace Alexander Arnold.

Surely a squad of 26 should have enough players to rotate. I’d rather see the squad having some game time together. Linguard looked like he just wanted to be on holiday. 

11 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Surely a squad of 26 should have enough players to rotate. I’d rather see the squad having some game time together. Linguard looked like he just wanted to be on holiday. 

From what I've read those are the manager's reasons. Agree or disagree as you please, but I think they're understandable.

The last thing most players need at this stage of the season is game time. A rest more likely. The only people needing game time are those who can't have it - i.e. those not yet recovered from injury.