onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Morecambe go up......

blackdog

28 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Morecambe finished the regular season 5 points clear of Newport.

Maybe what they achieved over the season warranted their getting a bit of luck today 

For same reason delighted Brentford and Blackpool made it.

What fabulous credit to the two clubs that Morecambe v Accy will be a league 1 fixture next year.

My sentiments entirely.  Having said that, I’ll be delighted to pass them as they come straight back down next season.

Advert

The old ground was adjacent to the best fish & chip shop imaginable!

Interesting that so many posters are belittling the way the club have played their way to promotion this season, yet so many posters wanted their Manager to get the Vale job?

2 hours ago, Nightwish said:

Morecambe will be in National League in three years. Horrible team - winning games most of the time with less than 30% possession.

Mickey Mouse club - poor fan base and crap ground. 

I don't get this obsession with Vale fans and because of teams having small grounds, small fan base not deserving success that has come their way.  They had the second lowest budget in League 2, they play a way that is not great on the eye but with that budget and players available is what was needed.  I would sooner someone like Morecambe succedd than the likes of Salford and Mansfield who have chucked endless amounts of money without success. 

On what basis do you think they will be in National League in three years, they have succeeded for the last 13 years by remaining in the league.  I really hope that they can hold their own in League 1 like Accrington have.  

Don't mind Morecambe, bit of a trek from the train station and it usually hoses it down every time we go but apart from that it's a decent day out.

There aren't too many terraces behind the goal left for away fans so it's nice when they open theirs up for us.

7 hours ago, valefan79 said:

I don't get this obsession with Vale fans and because of teams having small grounds, small fan base not deserving success that has come their way.  They had the second lowest budget in League 2, they play a way that is not great on the eye but with that budget and players available is what was needed.  I would sooner someone like Morecambe succedd than the likes of Salford and Mansfield who have chucked endless amounts of money without success. 

On what basis do you think they will be in National League in three years, they have succeeded for the last 13 years by remaining in the league.  I really hope that they can hold their own in League 1 like Accrington have.  

Spot on.

"Earn it".

7 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Some weird arrogance some fans have got despite us being at the same level as Morecambe for a good chunk of the last 15 years.

We're as tinpot as they come but a daft idea to build a massive ground in the 50s + a brief spell of overachievement in the 90s has some fans convinced we're this massive club for League 2 and can rightly sneer at clubs doing much better than us. 

16 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Some weird arrogance some fans have got despite us being at the same level as Morecambe for a good chunk of the last 15 years.

We're as tinpot as they come but a daft idea to build a massive ground in the 50s + a brief spell of overachievement in the 90s has some fans convinced we're this massive club for League 2 and can rightly sneer at clubs doing much better than us. 

Someones awake and with a clear head this morning. Sadly its true, just because we have operated in a higher league previously and came down to this league gives us no right to lord it over others. Especially when we have been stuck in the lower reaches of this leage for the past few seasons. Hopefully we can start looking upwards with a decent brand of football next season whilst Morecambe cling on with their falling and rolling routines. 

Snobbery is part of the game and only served to make those couple of seasons in the 90's all the more sweeter.

13 hours ago, WV said:

Harry Davis who plays for Morecambe is Joe Davis' brother. Wonder why we never had a look at him with the connection and him being localish. 

I cant see them doing much in league 1 but well done to them 

Maybe because he's crap ? 

4 hours ago, Santa said:

Don't mind Morecambe, bit of a trek from the train station and it usually hoses it down every time we go but apart from that it's a decent day out.

There aren't too many terraces behind the goal left for away fans so it's nice when they open theirs up for us.

Rain is an issue. But its a good footpath walk from Lancaster to Morecambe along a previous railway line. And you get to cross the river by a path on the current west coast main line bridge. At the other end the walk inevitably arrives at the current Morecambe station.

I like Morecambe. I think someone may have stopped playing it now, but surely 'Bring me Sunshine' is the best running on tune of all time anywhere. And the ground is next to a very viable pub. 

6 hours ago, Joe B said:

According to our statto Phil S we've never done 6 consecutive seasons in Division 4/League 2, so we've never been an established bottom tier team (as Rochdale and Crewe were!), even if we have been regular occupants throughout our history.

Archived