onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Morecambe go up......

blackdog

Dodgy penalty gifts Morecambe a place in the 1st Division, feel very sorry for Newport, Morecambe did nothing in my opinion to deserve the win. Bobby Madley? How does the EFL give such an incompetent official the chance to Ref. a final I suppose it showcases the standard of referees in the 2nd div. Newport can feel very aggrieved tonight.

Advert

Just now, blackdog said:

Dodgy penalty gifts Morecambe a place in the 1st Division, feel very sorry for Newport, Morecambe did nothing in my opinion to deserve the win. Bobby Madley? How does the EFL give such an incompetent official the chance to Ref. a final I suppose it showcases the standard of referees in the 2nd div. Newport can feel very aggrieved tonight.

I'm very bitter and jealous at Morecambe being a league higher than us.

I can't stand them as a club.

Every time I've seen them it's the exact same tactics - dive and roll around, 10 men behind the ball, hoof it long, berate referees, play for set plays.

Yet this season, instead of narrowly avoiding relegation, they got promoted?

Horrible.

18 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I'm very bitter and jealous at Morecambe being a league higher than us.

I can't stand them as a club.

Every time I've seen them it's the exact same tactics - dive and roll around, 10 men behind the ball, hoof it long, berate referees, play for set plays.

Yet this season, instead of narrowly avoiding relegation, they got promoted?

Horrible.

It shows how outrageously bad we have been doing with the group of players we have had that Morecambe have managed a promotion season while we were getting thumped for large parts of it. 

I don't begrudge them as I have a general disdain for Newport and their gobshite manager. 

Sort of jealous because how bang ordinary are they. Pretty incredible to go from 22nd to promotion so in that respect good luck to them. 

Rather than be jealous it just shows what can be done, Bradford,Vale, Tranmere etc would just love to be in their shoes now . 

44 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

It shows how outrageously bad we have been doing with the group of players we have had that Morecambe have managed a promotion season while we were getting thumped for large parts of it. 

Exactly my thoughts while watching that final.

Both teams awful.

The penalty he gave was bad enough but the one he didn't give to Newport was up there with the hand of god.

Harry Davis who plays for Morecambe is Joe Davis' brother. Wonder why we never had a look at him with the connection and him being localish. 

I cant see them doing much in league 1 but well done to them 

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

A bad few days for South Wales.

Definitely, I imagine there will be a lot of depressed faces there over the next few weeks, and for those that follow football even more so.

Don't know who was worse Morecambe (two shots on goal in two hours of football) or Bobby Madley for his dreadful decision. O'Sullivan was at least a yard outside the box and no tackle in sight. Still, Newport only have themselves to blame as minutes earlier Labadie blasted over from almost on the line after a great piece of work by Maynard.

The likelihood is Morecambe will go up without their manager and I can't see them surviving. Here's hoping we go up as they come down so we don't have to suffer their dire negativity. Like watching paint dry.  

Morecambe finished the regular season 5 points clear of Newport.

Maybe what they achieved over the season warranted their getting a bit of luck today 

For same reason delighted Brentford and Blackpool made it.

What fabulous credit to the two clubs that Morecambe v Accy will be a league 1 fixture next year.

Archived