onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lorne street money raising project

Bycarsbill

Advert

7 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Does anyone know where things are with the money raising project that was started last year for Lorne Street area in readiness for the planned Robbie concert? 

The money raising was not for the Robbie concert. The money was being used to convert the concourse so that football fans could use that area i.e. possible family area. The club put seats in that area at there own expense so that there was extra seating for fans attending the Robbie concert

I read somewhere in the last few weeks that they suspended donations because of COVID. I think they felt the asking for supporters to keep their season tickets and also asking for donations on top was a bit much considering the current climate.

I'm speculating but I imagine this will kick back in over the coming months.

26 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

It's sort of stagnated at 11.530 punds, it's been there for months. I hope it will start going again, once we can get back in for the matches and fundraising can be put on full force 🤗

It was one of the questions I submitted in the recent Supporters Club online meeting. I asked whether when things get back to a bit mroe normal will there be a push to complete the fund raising and the answer was that yes, it would. Here's my question and the answer from the Sentinel report:

WILL THERE BE A PUSH BY THE SUPPORTERS CLUB TO PROMOTE THE CROWD FUNDING OF THE LORNE STREET CONCOURSE? I KNOW FANS’ FINANCES ARE TOUGH FOR MANY BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE THE GROUND COMPLETE AND A PROPER AREA FOR FANS TO SIT IN, THANKS.

Mark Porter: “The supporters club raised £11,000 in about four weeks last year towards the £100,000 target.

“But we felt that because of Covid and because people were losing their jobs, it was right to stop that fund-raising push. But once the club give us the green light and we can start promoting that again then we will do and try to raise that as quickly as we can to help the club.”

I think (and fair enough) it's stalled somewhat due to the unprecedented global pandemic. With fans not even allowed in the game and other life changing things happening, the fund raising had to take second place.

I'm sure when things are a bit more normal and fans are back then it will be pushed a bit more.

1 hour ago, mbycars said:

The money raising was not for the Robbie concert. The money was being used to convert the concourse so that football fans could use that area i.e. possible family area. The club put seats in that area at there own expense so that there was extra seating for fans attending the Robbie concert

Thought it was about access/egress around the concourse area for the planned Robbie concert last summer.

Guest Vale at home
1 hour ago, robf said:

It was one of the questions I submitted in the recent Supporters Club online meeting. I asked whether when things get back to a bit mroe normal will there be a push to complete the fund raising and the answer was that yes, it would. Here's my question and the answer from the Sentinel report:

WILL THERE BE A PUSH BY THE SUPPORTERS CLUB TO PROMOTE THE CROWD FUNDING OF THE LORNE STREET CONCOURSE? I KNOW FANS’ FINANCES ARE TOUGH FOR MANY BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE THE GROUND COMPLETE AND A PROPER AREA FOR FANS TO SIT IN, THANKS.

Mark Porter: “The supporters club raised £11,000 in about four weeks last year towards the £100,000 target.

“But we felt that because of Covid and because people were losing their jobs, it was right to stop that fund-raising push. But once the club give us the green light and we can start promoting that again then we will do and try to raise that as quickly as we can to help the club.”

I think (and fair enough) it's stalled somewhat due to the unprecedented global pandemic. With fans not even allowed in the game and other life changing things happening, the fund raising had to take second place.

I'm sure when things are a bit more normal and fans are back then it will be pushed a bit more.

28 minutes ago, ginginator said:

No as mbycars says, the concert did not need access, but for fans to attend it needs access areas from the back 🙂 Hence new pathways, toilets, etc. Think for the Robbie concert those were going to be on the pitch side ( toilets etc)

That's how I understand it. 

For the seats to be used during the season there needs to be facilities (i.e. a concourse) and of course a way of people entering and exiting en masse. I'm not sure if this is exactly the right phrase but you won't get a "health and safety sign-off" if you've got a section of seating without toilets, access to food and drink and the ability to get people in and out safely. 

Over the years what was planned to be the concourse for that half of the stand has been filled up with various things (the club shop at one point, currently the players gym). Once the money is raised the gym would be moved elsewhere (It ties into Flitcroft's plans to find a new training centre for the club. If/when that is done, then the players gym can be there) and the 100k is to refurbish that then empty concourse with toilets, a serving area, turnstiles etc. 

Those facilities aren't needed for a one-off event like the concert. As people will be on the pitch, anyone in that block of seats can go onto the pitch (which you obviously can't do during a football match) and get to exits/toilets/refreshments without having to go through a concourse area.

On 27/05/2021 at 17:46, robf said:

That's how I understand it. 

For the seats to be used during the season there needs to be facilities (i.e. a concourse) and of course a way of people entering and exiting en masse. I'm not sure if this is exactly the right phrase but you won't get a "health and safety sign-off" if you've got a section of seating without toilets, access to food and drink and the ability to get people in and out safely. 

Over the years what was planned to be the concourse for that half of the stand has been filled up with various things (the club shop at one point, currently the players gym). Once the money is raised the gym would be moved elsewhere (It ties into Flitcroft's plans to find a new training centre for the club. If/when that is done, then the players gym can be there) and the 100k is to refurbish that then empty concourse with toilets, a serving area, turnstiles etc. 

Those facilities aren't needed for a one-off event like the concert. As people will be on the pitch, anyone in that block of seats can go onto the pitch (which you obviously can't do during a football match) and get to exits/toilets/refreshments without having to go through a concourse area.

Thanks for those clarifications

I was making regular donations at one point, but with the pandemic things got in the way and out of mind! I would be behind this again if we could get it up and running again. I am sure if we all chipped in with a little each month we could start to make a dent in it. I think we need to help our owners where we can and give them the backing they deserve.

Archived