Cricket - 2021 International series

robf

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

This is going be a poor series to watch if England are going serve that rubbish up everytime. I think this is a 5 test series and unless things improve it will be 5 nil to India. I wouldnt be surprised if we cancelled the Bangladesh series to avoid getting beat by them aswell.

5-0 to India and then 5-0 in the ashes as well. Useless this lot are. 

• Like 1

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Not a lot of choice with Stokes out, Pope & Woakes out injured!

Better players around than picking the same old failed players over and over again. Hameed should be playing 100%. I would have moeen in this side and also Mark wood. There have to players in the county game better than the likes of crawley averaging 20 odd. You mention pope, he’s no better. Looks good but never hits runs. I’d be bringing hameed and malan in though personally. Brooks is a special talent it maybe to early for him but he can’t do any worse than this lot. 

Just incredibly frustrating how they never seem to learn from their mistakes or improve. Hameed has got to come into this side for the next test. Seen enough of both Burns and Sibley now. 

These problems have gone on a long time but the ECB by prioritising white ball cricket so much have contributed in a major way. Ahead of a major five test series to have our players competing in the hundred I find it ridiculous when surely they'd have been better trying to get time at the crease and build a proper innings in the County Championship as unglamorous as it sounds.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Better players around than picking the same old failed players over and over again. Hameed should be playing 100%. I would have moeen in this side and also Mark wood. There have to players in the county game better than the likes of crawley averaging 20 odd. You mention pope, he’s no better. Looks good but never hits runs. I’d be bringing hameed and malan in though personally. Brooks is a special talent it maybe to early for him but he can’t do any worse than this lot. 

I agree that hameed is worth another try with the runs he's scored in the County Championship this season.  Mark Wood is also out injured I believe and is not the answer to the batting problem.  Malan has had a number of opportunities without really grabbing them. I believe that the main problems stem from lack of County Championship fixtures when the weather is suitable (instead of at the beginning & end of season) and the England management's avowed intentions of improving the white ball game--all well and good especially if we win the T-20 world cup to go with the win in the ODI world cup 2 yrs ago, but at what cost?  Test match mentality has been washed away in this desire for biff, bang wallop!

• Like 1