onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cricket - 2021 International series

robf

Advert

28 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I long for the days when Cook and Strauss opened. 

I long for Chris Tavare 

2 days and 25 not out but he knew how to bat properly.

Our team is basically Root and now and again one other will do something. Possibly the most weak minded line up in years . 

At this point it almost feels like England should just admit defeat and go with Hales and Roy at the top and just give them license to go swinging. We end up 20-2 anyway with these present openers so might as well try and slog a few first.

It’s disappointing as the last three days we’ve played some very good cricket but this teams obvious failings have come back to haunt them.

There is so little red ball cricket being played at the moment that selecting anybody is difficult. The last county champioship games were in July. 

I would stick with Burns for now and bring in Malan who at least seems able to cope with top class bowling in t20`s. 

The deterioration of test cricket is symptomatic of the modern desire to shorten the format of everything,be it sport (limited overs becoming 20-20,the hundred etc) or putting shopping in a one stop retail park. It feels like all has to be made more marketable but at the sacrifice of tradition and quality. We live in a world where bland smug gits like shearer,Wright,cowell and Morgan are taken seriously within the media. And a self serving liar for a PM,what an awful era to be living in Britain.

Sibley a test match batsmen someone is having a laugh the selectors must take all the blame it'a a joke at my age i could still knock more than him with a stick of celery in my hand instead of a bat what a disgrace to call him a england test cricketer.

13 hours ago, hamilboy said:

Sibley a test match batsmen someone is having a laugh the selectors must take all the blame it'a a joke at my age i could still knock more than him with a stick of celery in my hand instead of a bat what a disgrace to call him a england test cricketer.

His test career started very well - 2 centuries in his first five or six games - heaven knows what’s happened to him since. 

Bowlers have worked sibley out. They cut off his one scoring shot and bowl where he cant hit it. Saying that he’s been out twice this series off his legs where he is supposed to be strong. I think he’s done now, not close to being good enough. Burns and hameed to open and malan at 3, not sure what else we can do at the moment. 

20 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I long for the days when Cook and Strauss opened. 

Might as well go the whole distance and long for Hobbs & Sutcliffe! They're all part of yesteryear's folk lore and cannot change the paucity of top three batsmen we have currently .Perhaps this is because all the aforementioned didn't have a lot of white ball cricket to distract them from the subtleties of Test Match batting?  just saying.....!!

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

His test career started very well - 2 centuries in his first five or six games - heaven knows what’s happened to him since. 

it would help if he held the bat right the bat starts out pointing at the gully so when the bat comes down with his grip the bat is polnting to the leg side nearly every shot he plays is towards mid wicket.burns is the same just as the bowler is about to deliver he moves his head to the right he his out of line what the coaches are doing i will never know.Dont even get me on to Buttler and Bristow Ali and Hameed.

Archived