onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our new squad

On 16/05/2021 at 23:13, johnjeffersfanclub said:

I'll grant this is an odd POV, but I want to see if anyone feels the same. 

I'm not into aggro or slanging matches, do please keep it civil.

Letting so many go has left me feeling a bit disconnected from a squad that I really believed in only a year ago. There's something about this huge turnover of players that has robbed me of the enthusiasm I expected. 

Maybe it's the Brown call. Or allowing Manny to go. And Pope. Perhaps I don't trust Flitcroft. Heaven knows.

I understand what you are saying you have to learn to love the players and you grow attached to them. Of the ones released probably only Pope and Brown fall into that category for me. Equally of the squad we had how many would we sing about, assuming we were allowed in the ground. Glad we kept Wozza, Conlon and Rodney. The rest were just passing through for me.

Advert

Guest Vale at home
14 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

I understand what you are saying you have to learn to love the players and you grow attached to them. Of the ones released probably only Pope and Brown fall into that category for me. Equally of the squad we had how many would we sing about, assuming we were allowed in the ground. Glad we kept Wozza, Conlon and Rodney. The rest were just passing through for me.

Yes . I agree . I do hope. Vale can do WELL next season .. we all need to return to the Ground . And see the players for ourselves .. come on the vale  . 

l

Guest Vale at home
4 hours ago, philmpv said:

How is life on Skaro? emoji38.png

What Have I said   . For you too say .  (( How is Life on skaro. ..   Please  Philmpv.  . If you can not say . Any Thing nice . Please Don’t say anything at all .   I do not wish too say any more .. 

What Have I said   . For you too say .  (( How is Life on skaro. ..   Please  Philmpv.  . If you can not say . Any Thing nice . Please Don’t say anything at all .   I do not wish too say any more .. 
Sorry, was only jesting. It's just that you write your posts like the Daleks speak! I'm not knocking you for it, I just can't get my head around it

Guest Vale at home
17 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Sorry, was only jesting. It's just that you write your posts like the Daleks speak! I'm not knocking you for it, I just can't get my head around it emoji38.png

What is it Like too be Perfect. Philmpv. . And having the time to correct some one . Good night from   The Daleks ,,,  i don’t remember the Daleks .. I am only 7 years old . How old are you .  Good night .it’s . my Bed time . 

What is it Like too be Perfect. Philmpv. . And having the time to correct some one . Good night from   The Daleks ,,,  i don’t remember the Daleks .. I am only 7 years old . How old are you .  Good night .it’s . my Bed time . 
You've been a member on here since you were 3? Impressive in that case

Guest Vale at home
6 minutes ago, philmpv said:

You've been a member on here since you were 3? Impressive in that case emoji6.png

Yes very . I have all ways gone to port vale with my Dad  .   Please think again .before 

you go around insulting people . I just though  onevalefan . Was All about . Port vale fans ..  not someone being  unkind . To vale fans . . Please don’t reply any more . Thank you . 

On 19/05/2021 at 12:28, Hitcher said:

On the character point i'm not convinced with Smith. How often over the last few seasons has his form dipped when we are playing badly as a team. Yes sure it suits all players to be surrounded by players also playing well but bar his breakthough season in league one he's never seemed to be in better form than the rest of the defence. 

I'm probably judging him harshly knowing how good he can be but sometimes i want that force of character that drags other players upwards. In comparison an in form legge has done that at points over the last few seasons but i don't see Smith being the catalyst who can do the same.

Said this many times 

Smith is an average player , at best imo, and plays well when he has a dominant other CB playing with him 

Don't know the answer but what is the win ratio with him in the side, I suspect not good 😐

The sentiment for any of the lads released (with Pope as the obvious exception) continues to baffle me. They were a mix of over-the-hill fourth division cloggers and Macc Town reserves. 

3 wins in 25 league games (one a freak result at Bolton, and the other two against the sides who eventually went down into non-league). If that's not justification for a clear out, I don't know what is.

Archived