onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our new squad

I'll grant this is an odd POV, but I want to see if anyone feels the same. 

I'm not into aggro or slanging matches, do please keep it civil.

Letting so many go has left me feeling a bit disconnected from a squad that I really believed in only a year ago. There's something about this huge turnover of players that has robbed me of the enthusiasm I expected. 

Maybe it's the Brown call. Or allowing Manny to go. And Pope. Perhaps I don't trust Flitcroft. Heaven knows.

Advert

It was most definitely needed

New favourites will emerge , new hero’s will be cast

Trust the process

I saw a young lady on Twitter had put she wasn’t going to go anymore because Pope had been released

I support the team , players even legends come and go but the club comes before everything

Trust the process

I saw a young lady on Twitter had put she wasn’t going to go anymore because Pope had been released

I support the team , players even legends come and go but the club comes before everything
Thats it. There will be mors promotions and heros to go with. Its about the future of pvfc.

Well it was an old squad. They can't go on forever you know?

Monty and Brown did a lot of good community work and Pope is of course a club legend. But I'm sure most of the new boys will also prove to be good lads, given time

5 hours ago, vale victory said:

Trust the process

I would have questioned the ambition of the club if the likes of Pope had been offered a deal.Time to move on.

Football like everything else is moving on! The need for more professionalism is evident, the fitness needs managing the players coming in need to have had due diligence done. So many things now ! We are going through a big change there is no guarantee it will work but a massive step up in the way we operate is important for the way forward. I think the building blocks are being put in place for a better future.

9 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Letting so many go has left me feeling a bit disconnected from a squad that I really believed in only a year ago. There's something about this huge turnover of players that has robbed me of the enthusiasm I expected. 

Maybe it's the Brown call. Or allowing Manny to go. And Pope. Perhaps I don't trust Flitcroft. Heaven knows.

I totally understand your comments and those who have replied to this thread. It’s sink or swim time now for DC and I hope it’s not the latter. If he sinks he’ll leave us with a load of players that a new manager won’t want and we’ll be back to where we were after Bruno. I know we went on a long game unbeaten run but this was sandwiched between a poor run under DC and two inept performances at the end of the season. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens. With Carol being a Vale fan perhaps she found it hard to get rid of players, so employed DC and DF to do the dirty work. Monty has left because of the offer he was made, I really liked him but probably would only have given him 12 months. Good on Monty for keeping the club updated about Livingston. Brown I definitely would have kept unless we made him an offer that he turned it down. There are some questions that we’ll never know the answer to.

18 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

If he sinks he’ll leave us with a load of players that a new manager won’t want

I think the point of the DOF model is that this is no longer the case.

If he leaves he leaves us with a set of players suited to a style of football set out by the Football department... Flitcrofts job is then to go and find another manager that suits that philosophy.

So still not ideal but it minimises the wild swings of manager and players having different views on how to play when the manager leaves.

11 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I think the point of the DOF model is that this is no longer the case.

If he leaves he leaves us with a set of players suited to a style of football set out by the Football department... Flitcrofts job is then to go and find another manager that suits that philosophy.

So still not ideal but it minimises the wild swings of manager and players having different views on how to play when the manager leaves.

Iron, thanks for the reply. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that and that we have a season where we don’t even have to mention the ‘R’ word.

What so you would want to keep half of that dross weve watched over the last year to feel connected to the squad?? No thanks. They are a bunch of non league players i can safely say i wont miss a single one of them. And even if recruitment isnt a major success this summer it wouldn't take much to improve on what we had. 
i believe this was in the pipeline the moment DC was appointed. He was at a walsall club that was higher in the league than we were carol must of promised a decent budget and given him the ability to come and build his own team else why else would he have come. 

after watching what we have watched this year genuinely baffles me how anyone can think letting these players go is a bad thing 😂🤣😂

10 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Have you enjoyed the 4 relegation battles in 5 seasons then?

10 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Feel the same. The decision to release Brown and sell Manny made me feel likewise. 

Archived