Advert:

No deals have been offered, but some of them have been offered the opportunity to come back for a short trial when preseason starts. 

5 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Youth team not been good enough for a while now but with the changes implemented its looking more positive over the coming seasons

Was Campbell-Gordon the last player to come through and sign a pro deal? 

Advert:

I think we had Eden Bailey, Luke Chambers, Joe Collinge and Michael Lennon on the bench under Askey. If Bailey still has another year as a pro then what about the other three does anyone know? And what about Nelson Agbo? Our youngest ever player in a first team game

50 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Our youth team barely gets any coverage.

Most of the profiles on the official site are incomplete or out of date.

Would be nice to know what's going on!

There is a page in every programme with reports on all the youth team games. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

There is a page in every programme with reports on all the youth team games. 

Lol I never get a programme - probably why!

Where do I get them from? Should I be able to get one with every iFollow ticket, or do you buy them separately?

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Season ticket holders get an electronic programme for each home game.

or they have this past season.

Edited by Conrad
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Where do I get them from? Should I be able to get one with every iFollow ticket, or do you buy them separately?

I have bought a few this season. £2 extra for postage. With the £2  charge, You can order up to 3 programmes. Any more than 3, You pay £5 postage. They are well worth it.

54 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

You get a link to download the electronic copy every week if they have your details

11 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Our youth team barely gets any coverage.

Most of the profiles on the official site are incomplete or out of date.

Would be nice to know what's going on!

I agree with that,i know they put them in the programme but not everyone sees that,when we had a reserve team i used to like keeping up to date with them and the youth team

• Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Been put in the transfer rumours thread that we are signing young lads from elsewhere to put into the youth team. Not being announced for safeguarding or something.

This is a positive move. The youth academy has produced 2 players in a decade, despite their best efforts. We can't compete with Stoke, Crewe, North-West clubs, Birmingham clubs for the talent. 

We need to set ourselves us as a professional club which provides a pathway to players who fell through the net at elite level/are in non-league. Establish the scouting network and provide a clear development path from U18s to senior team. Provide coaching badges/educational qualifications on the way. Be the club that can point to a list of players who were signed between 16-18 and have gone on to have professional careers. 

We can't just try and emulate bigger clubs with larger resources, as we'll come 2nd every time. 

Edited by Joe B

Been put in the transfer rumours thread that we are signing young lads from elsewhere to put into the youth team. Not being announced for safeguarding or something.
This is a positive move. The youth academy has produced 2 players in a decade, despite their best efforts. We can't compete with Stoke, Crewe, North-West clubs, Birmingham clubs for the talent. 
We need to set ourselves us as a professional club which provides a pathway to players who fell through the net at elite level/are in non-league. Establish the scouting network and provide a clear development path from U18s to senior team. Provide coaching badges/educational qualifications on the way. Be the club that can point to a list of players who were signed between 16-18 and have gone on to have professional careers. 
We can't just try and emulate bigger clubs with larger resources, as we'll come 2nd every time. 
Some of these academy projects which sit outside of clubs have a decent record of picking up "lost" talent.

Look at something like the now disbanded Nike academy. Matty Cash of Villa and Tom Rogic of Celtic both came through there.

Closer to home, Ben Williamson, Jordan Hugill and Ryan Burge came through the Glen Hoddle academy. Sam Clucas and Ikechi Anya also came out of there.