https://nonleaguedaily.com/primetime-pezza-the-show-goes-on-for-redditchs-new-diva-frontman-kyle-perry/

There's a big interview with him from last year and he talks about his time at Vale Park.

During the time you had in the Football League with Port Vale, did it feel like you could compete at that level? Did you feel out of your depth against some of the players? What do you remember of it in that sense?

It was kind of split. The dressing room was poisonous, to start with. There was a lad who was playing for Manchester United the season before and he couldn’t believe he was sharing a dressing room with a player like me, coming from Chasetown. You’ve got to remember as well, before I signed, I knocked them out of the FA Cup. They just had the new manager, Lee Sinnott, and everything was up in the air. They wanted fresh faces and I was part of the next lot coming through, so it wasn’t very nice, but I was on cloud nine and I wasn’t gonna let that stop me. I played some massive games; Swansea away was my debut, Roberto Martínez was the manager. I set two goals up against Leeds at home, I was Coca-Cola Player of the Month in February. I got super-fit; I was playing left-wing-back in some games, left-wing, I was playing striker. I think physically and ability-wise, I could compete, but the mindset I was in, I probably put too much pressure on myself. Lee Sinnott was facing his own problems, with certain people trying to get him out, and when he was shown the door, I still had another year on my deal there. So I had to stay and face the next lot of people trying to get me out, but I had a great relationship with the fans, loved my time there and I wasn’t gonna let anyone bad or negative hold me down.

Advert:

Remember him in that Leeds game.

He probably was a bit out of his depth in the league however in that particular game he was absolutely immense.  Good memories from a particularly bleak Port Vale era.

• Like 1

Always tried hard but he was never a Football League standard player. 

Guess that player from Man Utd he was on about must have been Adam Eckersley. If so the even bigger surprise was he was ever at Man Utd.

Advert:

Kyle Perry was at the club when it was a war zone.  One director was trying to the manager the sack so he could put his favourite in the job.  I'm told that when the decision was made to get rid of the Sinnott said director wanted to do the sacking but was told he couldn't.

4 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Is briefcase-man Jackson still alive?

He always will be until the final horcrux is destroyed.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Doha said:

He always will be until the final horcrux is destroyed.

I had to look that up! 😆

(in film terms he was like the old priest in Poltergeist II !)

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid

Advert: