onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Also on reflection, it's poor that Amoo only notched 1 league goal and 2 assists in 26 appearances. Worrall comparatively got 5 + 10 from 37.
DA - 0.04 goals per game, 0.08 assists (rounded up)
DW - 0.14 / 0.27 (rounded up)
I'm surprised DC didn't list him tbh. Big big improvement required next season as his return vs wage ratio is nowhere near good enough, I understand he's on a good contract. This is exactly the sort of thing Flitcroft has gone on about in interviews, analysing return vs investment when it comes to recruitment decisions. Amoo needs to step up. 
I agree Amoo hasn't been great this season but I do think he offers something. He has had a very stop start season due to niggling injuries which may partially account for that.

Sometimes just having a player with his pace and acceleration can create space for other players. They may play with a deeper line allowing the central midfielders more space and the forward to play in a more advanced position or the centre half on his side may cover the full back allowing the opposite winger and forward to isolate an opposition defender.

Whilst goals and assists are a good indicator of how an attacking player has performed judging a player solely on them isn't always fair.

Advert

14 minutes ago, Doha said:

Also on reflection, it's poor that Amoo only notched 1 league goal and 2 assists in 26 appearances. Worrall comparatively got 5 + 10 from 37.

DA - 0.04 goals per game, 0.08 assists (rounded up)
DW - 0.14 / 0.27 (rounded up)

I'm surprised DC didn't list him tbh. Big big improvement required next season as his return vs wage ratio is nowhere near good enough, I understand he's on a good contract. This is exactly the sort of thing Flitcroft has gone on about in interviews, analysing return vs investment when it comes to recruitment decisions. Amoo needs to step up. 

Totally agree. Was a surprise he wasn't on the list with the other 3 unwanted players .

He needs to grab this surprise opportunity come pre season training 

23 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

He has had a very stop start season due to niggling injuries which may partially account for that.

Indeed, that's a separate issue altogether. His reliability. Only played 57% (rounded up, too) of the league games last season. 70% the season before. It's not a great record considering the financial outlay. 

I agree with you about his usefulness in stretching the opposition, we saw it prove beneficial alongside Taylor in the #10 role the season before last. Is it enough though? Can we get more for the money? Irrelevant now that he's staying but something DC/DF will have considered. 

What I'd give for a JMW now, steamrolling down the wing 5 times a half with a wing back supporting from behind and causing chaos. Apart from glimpses in Rodney when pushed out wide and Andoh, I don't think we've really seen that sort of battering ram aggression in picking the ball up on the halfway line, starting the opportunity off themselves and just head down sprinting forward at a terrified L2 farmers league donkey full back since MW was here. At this level directness is often effective. 

If I read the stats correctly Amoo in league played 1.000 minutes and Worrall 3,000 minutes this season?

At the end of the day Amoo is an exciting player who can get you off your seat. 

I would have been well disappointed if he had been listed.

If I read the stats correctly Amoo in league played 1.000 minutes and Worrall 3,000 minutes this season?
At the end of the day Amoo is an exciting player who can get you off your seat. 
I would have been well disappointed if he had been listed.

Main problem is that he's not out of his own seat that often

10 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

Of the "four sicknotes" - Oyeleke, Amoo, Cullen and Montano - common sense says we couldn't afford to keep more than one if any, and I'd have kept Montano based on past contribution and that he's the most creative / unpredictable of the four.

But would you have given Montano  a 2 year contact with an option

18 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

No. Are you saying we wanted to keep him but he turned us down for a better offer?

I was asking whether you would, although I thought DC was a little evasive on the subject, understandable with personal contract negotiations. But I would not be surprised if we had considered a one year contract.

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

I was asking whether you would, although I thought DC was a little evasive on the subject, understandable with personal contract negotiations. But I would not be surprised if we had considered a one year contract.

If the club has treated everyone the same then Montano wouldn't have known he was being released until Monday. Perhaps he didn't expect anything as good as the Livingston offer.

Anyway, my general point was that I'd have preferred to have kept Montano rather than Amoo.

Now I hope Amoo has a storming season and becomes the PV Messi.

6 hours ago, Doha said:

For reference, our last promotion squad had 4 strikers who scored 50 between them. 

Pope 31
Hughes 10
Williamson 8
Andrew 1

With 26 more from midfield

JMW 9 
Dodds 7
Vincent 7
Morsy 2
Loft 1

This season just gone we got 21 out of 6 strikers and 23 out of midfield. Says it all really. 

21 out of 6, but 15 odd out of 1 and only 2 left. Rebuild with some cornerstones already in place. Lovely.

Archived