onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

Left Back Watch - Danny Amos, 21 just released from Doncaster. Not played loads for them but the fans are incredulous. 

I think they are the kind of players we will look at and the right age for us BUT plenty will moan because he isn't a name but the young striker Crawley got from Doncaster when released,he was sold for 1m after 6 months our fans would of gone nuts had we signed him last summer or Mullin with his record before this season

Interesting comments from Bowers int he Ale and the Vale pod... DC loves Tom Nicholls who he had at Bristol and is now at Crawley.

Wpuld blow some fans mind though, he is a striker who doesn’t score many but is a great foil for others. 

The idea may not be to go and buy a 20 goal a season striker, but to make Rodney into one by playing him with someone like Nicholls.

23 minutes ago, Doha said:

Just watching Stockport vs Torquay on BT. Connor Lemonheigh-Evans looks worth a scout report. 

I watched sutton the other night and they have a wide player on loan from Millwall who scored a cracking goal and ripped their opponents a new one all game,scored yesterday as well .... Isaac Olaofe age 21 scored 13 or 14 on loan playing wide,love us to look at those types big and strong as well

4 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Interesting comments from Bowers int he Ale and the Vale pod... DC loves Tom Nicholls who he had at Bristol and is now at Crawley.

Wpuld blow some fans mind though, he is a striker who doesn’t score many but is a great foil for others. 

The idea may not be to go and buy a 20 goal a season striker, but to make Rodney into one by playing him with someone like Nicholls.

He wants 4 strikers who score 40 or so between them so i wouldn't be shocked if he looked at him

Experienced league players who have tasted promotion would be nice. He must surely have his eye on a cracking keeper to get rid of Brown.

i wonder if we’ll get any players in early June.

3 minutes ago, 1 said:

Experienced league players who have tasted promotion would be nice. He must surely have his eye on a cracking keeper to get rid of Brown.

i wonder if we’ll get any players in early June.

We will get players announced before then

59 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

He wants 4 strikers who score 40 or so between them so i wouldn't be shocked if he looked at him

For reference, our last promotion squad had 4 strikers who scored 50 between them. 

Pope 31
Hughes 10
Williamson 8
Andrew 1

With 26 more from midfield

JMW 9 
Dodds 7
Vincent 7
Morsy 2
Loft 1

This season just gone we got 21 out of 6 strikers and 23 out of midfield. Says it all really. 

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

First friendly is incredibly 7 weeks yesterday so I anticipate plenty of incoming sooner rather than later. 

My guess would be that DC will want the majority of his squad sorted by the time training resumes which at a guess will be mid June

I wonder if we'll do another training camp trip somewhere? You're allowed into Wales/Scotland/NI but they have tier systems that might make things too complex to leave England.

I can see Clarke doing something like taking them down to HMS Raleigh for a week like Micky did. Proper old school Adams pre-season. Fitness and energy in the last 10 minutes is critical in this league. 

1 hour ago, Doha said:

This season just gone we got 21 out of 6 strikers and 23 out of midfield. Says it all really. 

Also on reflection, it's poor that Amoo only notched 1 league goal and 2 assists in 26 appearances. Worrall comparatively got 5 + 10 from 37.

DA - 0.04 goals per game, 0.08 assists (rounded up)
DW - 0.14 / 0.27 (rounded up)

I'm surprised DC didn't list him tbh. Big big improvement required next season as his return vs wage ratio is nowhere near good enough, I understand he's on a good contract. This is exactly the sort of thing Flitcroft has gone on about in interviews, analysing return vs investment when it comes to recruitment decisions. Amoo needs to step up. 

Archived