Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Posted (edited)

First choice goalkeeper signing will be a biggie, no one with histrionics, no fancy Dan, no ball playing goalkeeper at this level and no butter fingers just someone dependable, solid, athletic and preferably 6' 2"+,  good hands, feet and positioning, can dominate the box and is loud.

Goals are hard to score but easy to concede at times.

Edited by Paul6754
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aspin for england said:

Didn’t we beat them 3-2 think they had shawcross and Rossi ? in their team .

That United team had Rob Robert Zieler in goal who won 8 caps for Germany, Shawcross, Kieran Lee, Rossi and Fraiser Campbell in it.  Also coming off the bench they had Oli Norwood, Danny Drinkwater, Corry Evans, James Chester and Craig Cathcart, a fair amount of premier league games from those.

That United team had Rob Robert Zieler in goal who won 8 caps for Germany, Shawcross, Kieran Lee, Rossi and Fraiser Campbell in it.  Also coming off the bench they had Oli Norwood, Danny Drinkwater, Corry Evans, James Chester and Craig Cathcart, a fair amount of premier league games from those.
There is actually a weird stat over that Pre season. Didn't we play both United and Sheff Wed in Friendlies as well as Walsall on Boxing Day. Then end up getting relegated.
Fast Forward to the Season of our last relegation, we also beat Man U at home in a Friendly, played Sheff Wed in a friendly and also played and lost to Walsall on Boxing day.

Pete O’Rourke used to work for sky sports news. He is pretty much always spot on when reporting Vale rumours. 

Since I’d be amazed if he had an agent at that level, I wonder if this one where it’s been leaked by the player themselves to drum up competition/negotiations? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

Pete O’Rourke used to work for sky sports news. He is pretty much always spot on when reporting Vale rumours. 

Since I’d be amazed if he had an agent at that level, I wonder if this one where it’s been leaked by the player themselves to drum up competition/negotiations? 

Warrington Rylands are owned by a football agent. (Paul Stretford)

12 minutes ago, cactuselves said:

Would be worth a low cost gamble maybe. One for Dazzler to develop, we've seen many clubs do it to great success.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, cactuselves said:

There you go. I can see Accrington being true with the Coleman factor. 

Looks a classic burly #9 CF.

The agents wikipedia page makes interesting reading by the way!

Edited by Doha

Accrington will be all over this. Charles and Bishop are getting lots of attention, and they'll need to secure their next gem in good time. Probably get more chances at Accrington if they go than he will here.

12 hours ago, stupers said:

Didn't Tudor retire from professional football at Vale? I seem to remember he did, or shortly after at an early age.

Yes he did. He retired in 2008.

I also remember his spell for some ill thought out comments on Macclesfield - https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-chairman-apologises-for-shane-234810

I always find it particularly ironic when someone starts a phrase with "No disrepect" and then goes on to disrespect them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

There is actually a weird stat over that Pre season. Didn't we play both United and Sheff Wed in Friendlies as well as Walsall on Boxing Day. Then end up getting relegated.
Fast Forward to the Season of our last relegation, we also beat Man U at home in a Friendly, played Sheff Wed in a friendly and also played and lost to Walsall on Boxing day.

That's an amazing stat @butt lane vale fan The statto on me went onto the Port Vale seasons part of Wikipedia to check it out. 

I almost got a better one but it didn't quite work...

Almost every season we get relegated we lose the first game after Christmas Day (not all of them are Boxing Day but most are). It has happened nine out of ten times. The exception is the 1935-6 season when we beat Hull City and still went down. 

On the flipside, on two of the nine promotion seasons we have won 8-0 on Boxing Day.

So - ignore all these transfers ins and out. Just ask me on Boxing Day evening if we're going up this season. If we're fresh from an 8-0 thrashing of Walsall, I'll say "yes" but if we've just lost 1-0 to Scunthorpe then the answers "No"... 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Santa said:

Was it Boxing Day when we beat Sheffield United in 1983? Didn’t that put us on six points or something?

@Santa Sheff Utd was the match after - on Boxing Day itself we lost to Preston 4-0 - the club's fifteenth game without a win...