onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Hello everyone.

Just a polite reminder:

• This is a thread about rumours. By definition, rumours aren't proven facts so bear that in mind when reading some of the suggestions.
  • With respect, if you want to debate other things (e.g. the merits of Vale managers) then that's off topic and needs a separate thread - this one's subject is transfer gossip - please keep on that topic.
  • Finally, please respect the right of others to have their say. Attack the post but not the poster! And remember, this is gossip and rumours, it all needs to be taken with a pinch of salt as 99.9% of it won't happen.

Thanks!

Advert

Hear hear.

If anyone wants to throw out a suggestion then go for it. They shouldn't be abused for it.

I can understand things getting heated when the topic is derailed into discussing the past, but I don't know why people at getting bent out of shape over actual chat about possible signings.

Luke Leahy would have been good, if he's staying in L1 then Benning must be going too.

There's more at Shrewsbury we could look at:

Released:

• Scott Golbourne
  • David Edwards
  • Ro-Shaun Williams
  • Sean Goss
  • Ryan Sears
  • Brad Walker (yay)
  • Donald Love - great name
  • Curtis Main
  • David Davis
  • James Rowland
  • Ryan Barnett
  • Leon Clarke

caveat***this is not a rumour and purely just for debate on the type of signing I'd like to see:

Darnell Johnson 22 year old primarily CB but can play RB, released from Leicester. He had two spells in league one last year with two struggling sides (Wigan and then Wimbledon). From reading his interviews, his attitude appears right - he wanted to learn and develop at EFL clubs - he wasn't content with just sitting in a big club reserves. He has made 22 appears in league one, so whilst minimal in terms of experience, it mitigates some of the risk of signing a fresh faced player from premier academies. 

Could it be that we're in for this Johnson, rather than Ryan Johnson of Hartlepool. 

Onto the link - as I say, there is absolutely nothing to suggest we're in for him but he is the God son of Emile Heskey - Heskey praised Carol and the Club, so he could put in a good word 🙂 

I see the senile has only just caught up with the Joyce rumour signing for Oldham.

The way senile is reporting stuff connected with the Vale, we would have signed a couple of players and some of the released players would have signed and played a couple of games before they announce it.

Wonder if there will be any announcements tomorrow of players signing and buying into the Vale dream?

Isn't every player a risk? A lot better ratio than every striker we've let go so a definite upgrade on paper

A risk. He scored one every 2.5 games last season (based on his minutes) but obviously his minutes were limited.
Last chance saloon for the lad.

Just now, philmpv said:

Isn't every player a risk? A lot better ratio than every striker we've let go so a definite upgrade on paper

Agree, some players seem to come to Vale Park and just pick up injuries which affects their stats and makes them look a rubbish transfer.  Then they leave the club and go on a good run again.  

Hopefully DC and Flickers will know the players they want, their medical will show any underlying problems and this wont happen anymore.

51 minutes ago, maccapvfc said:

caveat***this is not a rumour and purely just for debate on the type of signing I'd like to see:

Darnell Johnson 22 year old primarily CB but can play RB, released from Leicester. He had two spells in league one last year with two struggling sides (Wigan and then Wimbledon). From reading his interviews, his attitude appears right - he wanted to learn and develop at EFL clubs - he wasn't content with just sitting in a big club reserves. He has made 22 appears in league one, so whilst minimal in terms of experience, it mitigates some of the risk of signing a fresh faced player from premier academies. 

Could it be that we're in for this Johnson, rather than Ryan Johnson of Hartlepool. 

Onto the link - as I say, there is absolutely nothing to suggest we're in for him but he is the God son of Emile Heskey - Heskey praised Carol and the Club, so he could put in a good word 🙂 

Wasn't Darnell Johnson the lad who made that awful sliced back pass leading to a Vale goal in the Tin Pot cup game at Wigan??

52 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

yep he ll be signing same as was said a few pages back. 

You could be spot on. I hope you are. I just wanted to say the picture of the Jaguar you posted Friday night outside the gardners up brown lees isn’t James Wilson’s. I know the bloke that owns that vehicle. 

<ovf censored> me DC must really rate his health protocols and fitness staff with these signings and rumours. I’m sure he’s done the thorough checks but it’s nervous nelly times.

27 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

I see the senile has only just caught up with the Joyce rumour signing for Oldham.

The way senile is reporting stuff connected with the Vale, we would have signed a couple of players and some of the released players would have signed and played a couple of games before they announce it.

Wonder if there will be any announcements tomorrow of players signing and buying into the Vale dream?

Those Oldham moaners will welcome Joyce I’m sure.

Archived