Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

32 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Also, Legge, Smith, Martin, and Johnson is a good quartet of League 2 centre halves.

And it is.

I’m still hoping that we might see Ryan Sweeney due to his connections with DC and DF. From what I’d heard, we’d offered him a deal alongside a number of other clubs. So, fingers crossed on that one. 

5 CB’s would suggest we’ll be going down the 5 at the back route. 

Advert:

37 minutes ago, Joe B said:

He's also apparently got limitless stamina. I have no doubt that Oldham fans are correct when they downplay his technical abilities, but having a bunch of technicians in the middle is futile without the player to cover the ground. Garrity is still new to professional football so with good coaching he could improve further.

To be fair the majority of players who make the step up from non-league aren't going to be the most technically gifted as in all likelihood they'd have been on the books at a pro club at some point if they were. Unless they completely fell through the scouting net as a youngster?  We've had a few who've done a steady job for us over the years, Rob Taylor had his faults but scored some decent goals for us.  If the effort and commitment are there and some ability they should make a go of it in Leagues Two and One you'd hope!

Andy Crosby signs - great news. 

Another good story coming out of Vale Park and still not on the senile pages.  The good feel factor is growing that this season could be the one with staff staying and new players coming in who can take us out of this league.

Advert:

12 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Another good story coming out of Vale Park and still not on the senile pages.  The good feel factor is growing that this season could be the one with staff staying and new players coming in who can take us out of this league.

Not heard Radio Stoke mention the Wilson signing either 

9 minutes ago, nodge said:

What happen's with Crosby's Northern Ireland U21 role, as he was only talking about the qualifiers for 2023 yesterday.

Does he have to give that role up?

I would think so, but could remain as caretaker until a replacement is found. Up to a keen reporter to probe if not part of the appointment interview.

• Like 1

Advert:

29 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

It's on Sentinel website now😁

20 minutes ago, nodge said:

What happen's with Crosby's Northern Ireland U21 role, as he was only talking about the qualifiers for 2023 yesterday.

Does he have to give that role up?

Wasn't Michael 'loves a dram' O'Neill going to carry on as NI manager as well as running the <ovf censored> down the road until Covid 19 started and interfered with that plan?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ben said:

Not heard Radio Stoke mention the Wilson signing either 

My old man, 81 years young religiously puts Radio Stoke on every hour for Sports news .

I spoke to him last night and told him about Wilson.

He said oh that's strange, nothing on Radio Stoke but Crewe have signed a player from Motherwell.

Very poor coverage or rather lack of. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

UV seems to be hinting at Vigouroux as potential keeper.

I don’t know much about him but Leyton Orient fans love him going by these comments.

He's the loon who loves dribbling out from his area and often comes a cropper. Remember him more from Swindon. 

Think he's one of those keepers referred to as a good shot stopper , which always amuses me as surely that's a given for a keeper.

Interesting link and could be an ok signing. 

Advert:

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

He's the loon who loves dribbling out from his area and often comes a cropper. Remember him more from Swindon. 

Think he's one of those keepers referred to as a good shot stopper , which always amuses me as surely that's a given for a keeper.

Interesting link and could be an ok signing. 

Scott Brown was a good shot stopper and overall he did fine for us. The rest of his game was average at best - Hence why he's keeping in the lower leagues.

19 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

UV seems to be hinting at Vigouroux as potential keeper.

I don’t know much about him but Leyton Orient fans love him going by these comments.

Looks like he's your best mate if you play right wing.

Edited by eh up nah