Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

1 minute ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

What's that got to do with anything? Don't try to deflect from your own scummy behaviour.

So you've given the same amount to that particular tragic cause as myself then, nothing. Thought so.

Advert:

2 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I gave £20.

Fair play. If you actually did, which I highly doubt. But I'm happy to give the benefit of the doubt.

But as sad as it was and is, I'm happy with what I give to the charities that I do and have done for years. I don't know Lee Collins or his family personally.

But back on topic...

Edited by Beech

Advert:

32 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Also, Legge, Smith, Martin, and Johnson is a good quartet of League 2 centre halves.

And it is.

I’m still hoping that we might see Ryan Sweeney due to his connections with DC and DF. From what I’d heard, we’d offered him a deal alongside a number of other clubs. So, fingers crossed on that one. 

5 CB’s would suggest we’ll be going down the 5 at the back route. 

37 minutes ago, Joe B said:

He's also apparently got limitless stamina. I have no doubt that Oldham fans are correct when they downplay his technical abilities, but having a bunch of technicians in the middle is futile without the player to cover the ground. Garrity is still new to professional football so with good coaching he could improve further.

To be fair the majority of players who make the step up from non-league aren't going to be the most technically gifted as in all likelihood they'd have been on the books at a pro club at some point if they were. Unless they completely fell through the scouting net as a youngster?  We've had a few who've done a steady job for us over the years, Rob Taylor had his faults but scored some decent goals for us.  If the effort and commitment are there and some ability they should make a go of it in Leagues Two and One you'd hope!

Advert:

Andy Crosby signs - great news. 

Another good story coming out of Vale Park and still not on the senile pages.  The good feel factor is growing that this season could be the one with staff staying and new players coming in who can take us out of this league.