Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Advert:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s painfully clear that a few posters have had their nose put out of joint because they know the Askeys or the surrounding families and had a nice link into what was going on at the vale. Calli

Hello everyone. Just a polite reminder: This is a thread about rumours. By definition, rumours aren't proven facts so bear that in mind when reading some of the suggestions. With r

f*** sake lads, I'd rather have the excitement of this all going to plan (with the inherent risk of failure that comes with it) and making memories with my Dad, then the same old sh!te I've had for 19

Posted Images

Advert:

11 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Top scoring left back fits the bill of goals from all over the pitch but looks like he’s been a bit disappointing when defending. 

Might be ideal at LWB tho if we go 3 at the back. Legge staying (not transfer listed) suggests we may play that way at least some of the time, as no way Leon has the legs to play in back 4 anymore (certainly not as first choice).

Have we signed anyone yet 🙂 

There are 7 weeks now until our 1st friendly,so that's 2 signings a week 🙂 

There are probably 5 weeks until they resume training thats 3 signings a week 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I can't see any players being in a rush to sign, don't they get paid until the end of June anyway? 

Yes they do. New contracts won't actually start until 1 July

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I can't see any players being in a rush to sign, don't they get paid until the end of June anyway? 

Surely if you're given a month's notice from work, you'd look at your options and sign a contract on a new job ASAP. 

• Like 2

Advert:

6 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Surely if you're given a month's notice from work, you'd look at your options and sign a contract on a new job ASAP. 

In the real world maybe but footballers have agents...

You would think they will hold on for the best deal and if one doesn't come off they will go back to the next one. But it all depends on the individual and how in demand they are. I doubt we will see any marquee signings it will probably be good young hungry players from the league above and then a couple of non league chances

9 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

According to Bristol they have 4 deals already to be announced as Barton wants everything done asap

7 hours ago, Mellor! said:

A bit like Montano did

• Like 2

Advert:

Correct. You would not wait until the contract runs out before seeking new work. Better to get sorted as soon as possible.

20 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Luke Leahy Left Back on the radar.

Interesting he's played for Rovers and Walsall, but never under Clarke.

What's the betting fans accuse Clarke of signing ex-players when they read his previous clubs?

21 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Looks as if we've gone on a bit of a youth recruitment spree Screenshot_20210515_195524_com.twitter.android.jpeg

Good. The youth academy is clearly struggling at present and there's too much competition for local, talented young players.

This is the route. Go and find lads who, for one reason or another, aren't at a professional academy.

• Like 1

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings