Jump to content

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Wrex said:

Looks like mentality and fitness is important in the "matrix". From reading about Walker and Garrity they seem desperate to play games and have energy to burn.

Teams that can run and run as a unit for 90 minutes are tough to handle in league 2. I’d like to see that at Vale Park.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Badboybubba said:

Sign for Macclesfield or Vale?emoji481.pngemoji481.png

If he's training with us I assume @Bob Newtonian meant us. Even despite a ridiculous contract offer from the high spending new owner at Macc, I can't see a 25 year old with a point to prove after being released by a pretend club in Salford (having scored a brace in the Prem on his debut for Man Utd) dropping to step 5. I know people patronise non-league clubs in the FA Cup as part time sides full of plumbers and accountants but at step 5 that is literally the level Macc will be competing at, playing on council pitches in front of a handful of people stood on the sideline. I can't really see someone who's cutting about in an F Type with his surname on a personalised numberplate dropping to that beyond tinpot level unless the contract really is stupidly generous. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

Absolutely no chance. 

All speculation, but I don't think it is unfathomable that we would have started to click again under the previous regime. I am absolutely unimpressed with DC so far. All I've seen and heard are conflicting statements and spin. I've seen money thrown at him that JA wasn't given.

I am unimpressed with this season's signings (so far) but I am looking forward to see them on the field before I judge. We need "under the radar" signings and I will always give the  benefit of the doubt but I think DF and DC are BS merchants who have worked a number on Carol. They've got much more flexibility with the coffers than JA was afforded.

We will see. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

Lol.

You are delusional.

We were in absolute freefall.

Yeah, mate, lol. All the way to the title.

 

Lol. Lol. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Ron C said:

All speculation, but I don't think it is unfathomable that we would have started to click again under the previous regime. I am absolutely unimpressed with DC so far. All I've seen and heard are conflicting statements and spin. I've seen money thrown at him that JA wasn't given.

I am unimpressed with this season's signings (so far) but I am looking forward to see them on the field before I judge. We need "under the radar" signings and I will always give the  benefit of the doubt but I think DF and DC are BS merchants who have worked a number on Carol. They've got much more flexibility with the coffers than JA was afforded.

We will see. Let's hope I'm wrong.

You're absolutely unimpressed with a manager who turned a freefalling side nailed on for a pitiful relegation into one that won 8 out of 9 and drew the 9th? Talk of unbeaten and clean sheet records being bettered? You're unimpressed with that, but think one dimensional, one plan, stubborn Askey would have turned it round to achieve the same?

Really? 

Where is the reliable evidence that DC has a much bigger budget to work with than Askey had?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Doha said:

You're absolutely unimpressed with a manager who turned a freefalling side nailed on for a pitiful relegation into one that won 8 out of 9 and drew the 9th? Talk of unbeaten and clean sheet records being bettered? You're unimpressed with that, but think one dimensional, one plan, stubborn Askey would have turned it round to achieve the same?

Really? 

Where is the reliable evidence that DC has a much bigger budget to work with than Askey had?

Widely documented. Add on the fact he is not hamstrung by Pope's massive contract.  Compensation paid for the management. Additional funding for our DOF. Compensation paid for a reserve player.

 

Do you actually follow us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Actually, reading your past posts you've been anti DC and Flitcroft since the very start, have attacked Carol a few times and even claimed Aspin had a bigger budget than Askey. Everyone is to blame but John Askey according to you, the manager that managed us into 1 win in 12.

Bit of a strange agenda mate. 

John Askey was a nice man but a football league manager he was not, hence why he hasn't been linked to any EFL jobs since leaving us and I suspect likely never will be without a stint in non-league first. I take no pleasure in saying PVFC are better off post his departure but it is demonstrably, provably a fact. 

Edited by Doha
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Widely documented. Add on the fact he is not hamstrung by Pope's massive contract.  Compensation paid for the management. Additional funding for our DOF. Compensation paid for a reserve player.

 

Do you actually follow us?

Widely documented? Where? Show me the numbers.

You have a very peculiar pro Askey attack everyone else agenda. Thank god you didn't get your way or we'd be non league now, enjoying the sights of Whitehead and Mills getting carved open for the 3rd goal against Boreham Wood as Askey makes his first sub in second half injury time. 

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/profile/4630-ron-c/content/

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Widely documented. Add on the fact he is not hamstrung by Pope's massive contract.  Compensation paid for the management. Additional funding for our DOF. Compensation paid for a reserve player.

 

Do you actually follow us?

You’re defo one of Askey’s mates/knows someone who does, as I’ve heard a few of them mention Pope’s contract. 

I’ll always have respect for Askey, but he made a rod for his own back with some of his transfer decisions and lack of plan B.

Let’s just move on. 13 more signings to go before we can start to make a proper judgement.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Doha said:

Actually, reading your past posts you've been anti DC and Flitcroft since the very start, have attacked Carol a few times and even claimed Aspin had a bigger budget than Askey. Everyone is to blame but John Askey according to you, the manager that managed us into 1 win in 12.

Bit of a strange agenda mate. 

John Askey was a nice man but a football league manager he was not, hence why he hasn't been linked to any EFL jobs since leaving us and I suspect likely never will be without a stint in non-league first. I take no pleasure in saying PVFC are better off post his departure but it is objectively, provably a fact. 

Kevin Shanahan said in the first interview after the takeover that the budget for Askey was 50000 less than the one set in the previous year. Unless the Shanahan's were lying, which I doubt, at least in his first full season he was operating with a lower budget. I believe it was about on a par, or marginally higher, last season. I think or budget generally comes in about 10th highest in this league. There are always 5 or 6 clubs whose budget is nowhere near ours, including Morecambe. 

Edited by JRC
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

Widely documented? Where? Show me the numbers.

You have a very peculiar pro Askey attack everyone else agenda. Thank god you didn't get your way or we'd be non league now, enjoying the sights of Whitehead and Mills getting carved open for the 3rd goal against Boreham Wood as Askey makes his first sub in second half injury time. 

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/profile/4630-ron-c/content/

Peculiar? Remind me how high we've finished for the last decade. I hate the way we treated one of our own. I've tried not to criticise Carol but (for the same reason). I can see through BS and DC is full of it.   Not peculiar, at all.

We all know people central to our club. It comes with the territory. If you've moved in football circles, you get information passed through. We always have - all my life. Some of it you ignore but when you hear the same stories from different mouths, you pay attention.

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/profile/1392-doha/

You've written some weird rubbish in your time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JRC said:

Kevin Shanahan said in the first interview after the takeover that the budget for Askey was 50000 less than the one set in the previous year. Unless the Shanahan,s were lying, which I doubt, at least in his first full season he was operating with a lower budget. I believe it was about on a par, or marginally higher, last season. I think or budget generally comes in about 10th highest in this league. There are always 5 or 6 clubs whose budget is nowhere near ours, including Morecambe. 

Reliable evidence, excellent, I'll concede to that point then. I do not buy into Ron Cs insinuation though that poor old John was working on a shoestring while any success from DC can be explained by being given a blank cheque. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Reliable evidence, excellent, I'll concede to that point then. I do not buy into Ron Cs insinuation though that poor old John was working on a shoestring while any success from DC can be explained by being given a blank cheque. 

Success.

Let's both hope for it. How will you measure it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF

    Ale & Vale

    Ale and the Vale podcast

    Barewall

    Barewall Gallery

    Paine Proffitt

    Paine Proffitt

    Alex Steventon Photography

    Alex Steventon Photography

    Action Freeze

    Action Freeze images




×
×
  • Create New...