Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

21 hours ago, MBE said:

fit the criteria of age, experience and future potential - players on an upward curve.

Carole made it very clear she would like Vale to be seen as a place for players to come and develop using Rodders and Taylor as examples.

21 hours ago, MBE said:

we have a proper process in place to ensure we get the right players.We certainly won't be signing any has beens on 2 year contracts like previous management teams. I have COMPLETE faith and trust in DF and DC to get it right, even if there maybe some perceived left field or 'lazy' signings.

21 hours ago, MBE said:

This is the issue with statistics out of context.

Welcome to PVFC Ben Garrity 

Advert:

If it’s Taylor for Joyce and Garrity for Whitehead then that’s looking like upgrades even in the early stages. If it’s Garrity seemingly replacing Oyeleke in terms of value to the squad, it’s a bit more ... interesting. I don’t mean like for like with those players necessarily, I mean regarding their significance in the squad.

• Like 1

We have tied ourselves in a bit by re-signing Hurst, that doesn’t leave a lot of development space. It’s paramount now that we offload some of the transfer-listed midfielders.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

The only thing with the Oldham comments is they aren't sour grapes, they are comments during the season itself not ones made today. 

It's a leftfield signing for sure but we'll judge him ourselves not based on their comments. 

Didn't play either game against us . 

Indeed. Every time I hear we get a duff player, known to be awful such as say Guthrie we get loads of people saying don’t moan, give the lad a chance. 

9 times out of ten they are usually every bit as bad as their existing reputation suggested. 

People then roll out names like Constantine from 15 years ago but he was an exception not the rule. 

7 hours ago, ethan and archies dad said:

I think it shows Macc are spending money to get out of non league and up the pyramid ASAP.  Millionaire Chairman who has invested very heavily. When I was there with my lads training there was a big fuss as Durrell(?) was getting shown around. This was a player touted on her for us last year as a world beater. 

I went round macc s ground yesterday looks good with the plastic pitch.. good luck to them.. by the way james Wilson is almost certain to sign I think 

971FED07-8FF7-4693-BD48-72B701A35B4A.jpeg

Edited by Bob Newtonian

Advert:

I would love to know the ins and outs of Manny's departure. He struggled for fitness with us, but it cant be deigned, when he started we were a better team.

He then plays a few games and in his last game he goes off injured (if I remember correctly)

Gets sold to Chesterfield

Then he plays a good number of games for Chesterfield (never subbed) 

I would of loved Manny to stay, until he breaks down, I'll always be wondering , why did we let him go!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

I went round macc s ground yesterday looks good with the plastic pitch.. good luck to them.. by the way james Wilson is almost certain to sign I think 

Looks like he's in Australia at the minute?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Indeed. Every time I hear we get a duff player, known to be awful such as say Guthrie we get loads of people saying don’t moan, give the lad a chance. 

9 times out of ten they are usually every bit as bad as their existing reputation suggested. 

People then roll out names like Constantine from 15 years ago but he was an exception not the rule. 

Your not wrong. They usually are but all’s we can do is give them a go and judge them by what they do for us. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Why? He lives local so not strange he’s in there 

Advert:

21 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Didn’t know we were back training 

Unfortunately for players nowadays there is no close season.... especially if you have something to prove... report into physio... get ya stats done as a baseline... then a bit of electronic wizardly on ya wrist and off ya go monitored every day report back at the end of the week for a progress check... apparently Burgess is tuning in some Olympic standard 10k runs. All differ t now to my day .... and Tommy mac s day 😜

• Like 1

Cross my fingers the matrix has seen something that other people haven't. Feels like Whitehead 2.0 but this time we've paid a fee.

And before people shoot me down for "not seeing him play" I have friends that are oldham fans who can't believe he's managed to get a league club to take him on. Its all well and good spouting about Constantine, but in reality he's the exception not the rule.

Time will tell and hopefully they will be proven wrong, but the fact we've paid a fee for him given the limits to our budget and the amount of holes we need to fill in the first team seems wild.

Advert:

I think the signings so far could play at League 1 level and have scope to improve with coaching. It seems to me that is exactly what is needed to get promoted from League 2 and with a stable team that doesn't need much further change secure a good position in League 1. 

So I too can regret Manny leaving. He did well relatively when he was in the team in his time at PV. But the fact is League 2 was a career high level for him and he was injury prone. I sense he was happy to go to Chesterfield and plough a furrow with a former coach in the National League. He could surprise me if Chesterfield get promoted!

Edited by Warren

30 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:

Thing is we are going for a younger squad. We are going to have less experience.

I remember this ridiculously young Man Utd team playing Port Vale and knocking us out of the cup. Next year the ridiculously young team won the Premier League. 

• Like 1

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings