Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Hartlepool are at home to Bromley this Sunday. 

Then potentially 2 more games if they win that. 

So think if Johnson is a target then patience is the word . 

Also would promotion for Hartlepool change his thinking particularly if captain. 

It's live on BT Sport 3 for any budding amateur scouts on here!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Did he? 

Worrall, legge, smith, Conlon, Rodney, brisley, brown, gibbons were all comfortably better when they played. Joyce was good the season before last. But last season was really poor imo. 

Yes, over the whole season..

Worrall, Smith, Conlon, Rodney - yes, they're the other 4 in the 5. Gibbons, Legge, Brisley, Brown - injury and too often being a liability reduced their contribution.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Hartlepool are at home to Bromley this Sunday. 

Then potentially 2 more games if they win that. 

So think if Johnson is a target then patience is the word . 

Also would promotion for Hartlepool change his thinking particularly if captain. 

It might change his perspective but then it would come down to a) which team he thought more likely to win promotion (and therefore which DoF/manager was the more persuasive); and b) as ever, money. The geographical bit might help too but that depends on how well he’s settled in the north-east - he may very well like it, they’re a friendly bunch up there. 

Anyway, it’s all speculation and, as you say, patience is the word. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Kieran Kennedy has signed for macc. I think that just about shows the Calibre and askeys signings 

Just above The Ansells league Macc are starting too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Kieran Kennedy has signed for macc. I think that just about shows the Calibre and askeys signings 

I think it shows Macc are spending money to get out of non league and up the pyramid ASAP.  Millionaire Chairman who has invested very heavily. When I was there with my lads training there was a big fuss as Durrell(?) was getting shown around. This was a player touted on her for us last year as a world beater. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I initially thought along those lines, but he's from Manchester and will be on a decent contract so maybe more to do with that.  

They'll be at non-league step 5 playing the likes of Barnoldswick Town and Charnock Richard FC. He's better than that so is possibly a bit of a marquee signing for them, especially on a 2 year full time contract. 

9 minutes ago, ethan and archies dad said:

I think it shows Macc are spending money to get out of non league and up the pyramid ASAP.  Millionaire Chairman who has invested very heavily. When I was there with my lads training there was a big fuss as Durrell(?) was getting shown around. This was a player touted on her for us last year as a world beater. 

Might have been touted as one but clearly isn't . 

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Ben Garrity being linked by Unofficial Vale

24yo midfielder at Blackpool. Spent last season on loan at Oldham (29 apps, 2 goals)

The oldham forum doesnt make good reading if true!!

• Like 1

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings