Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

On 04/02/2022 at 13:16, Iron Curtain said:

They will also never admit it that DC with “his players” (their words) had them on the verge of the playoffs.

Their new set up with there has them on the verge of battling relegation to the football league.

I tried having a sensible conversation with their fans when we signed Dc about whether he was hamstrung by his environment… but all I could get off them was “he’s rubbish”

Guess they are being proven wrong. Not that they will admit it.

I've dipped into their fans' forum a couple of times, recently (read only), and - whilst I have no love for their fans and the club I do feel tremendously for them! The comments they are making...except about us...and the way they are being treated are eerily reminiscent of our time under Smurthtwat...and no football fan should have that heaped upon them!

• Like 3

Advert:

• 1 month later...

Been speaking to a Hartlepool fan - he sends his love to Lucas - and he said we're looking at their left back, David Ferguson. No idea if there's any truth in it and seems a bit early to be planning for next season but I guess Benning will be off so there'll be a vacancy.

Been speaking to a Hartlepool fan - he sends his love to Lucas - and he said we're looking at their left back, David Ferguson. No idea if there's any truth in it and seems a bit early to be planning for next season but I guess Benning will be off so there'll be a vacancy.

Why will benning be off ?? Did I miss something

Advert:

Interesting as we appear fairly well stocked at LB. Would suggest someones off at the end of the year. Just looked him up and expected him to be a young lad for some reason, 27 still a good age as Conor Hall proves. 5 goals from full back so far this year

Posted (edited)

So if we do need to create a position at left back who do you think we should release. Benning who will be out of contract or Hussey who is in contract so possibly a fee or released by mutual agreement. Alternatively keep them both.?

Edited by Playa Amodores

So if we do need to create a position at left back who do you think we should release. Benning who will be out of contract or Hussey who is in contract so possibly a fee or released by mutual agreement. Alternatively keep them both.?
Depends how many left backs we are looking at elsewhere.

Advert:

35 minutes ago, 1 said:

Walsall certainly protected Rodney more than they did Taylor.

Definitely an enigma is Rodders.

Hasn't quite done a McKirdy yet...