Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

It really frustrates me when people talk about players not trying. You do not make it in professional football if you don't try. You have to be determined to stand out amongst the thousands of young footballers trying to make it in the game. Some perhaps don't put the effort in off the pitch but you are kidding yourself if you think any of them don't leave it all on the pitch.

• Like 2

Advert:

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I see a lot on social media about this big turnaround of players,yes a lot have come and gone BUT not one who has left were first team regulars and most who have come in look like upgrades on who have left...our problem with the first team has been the disruption due .

Exactly.

Fans need to take step back and put the activity so far into perspective rather than knee jerk reactions.

Some of things I’ve read on here and social media I really can’t believe.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 2

Just now, MBE said:

Exactly.

Fans need to take step back and out the activity so far into perspective rather than knee jerk reactions.

Some of things I’ve read on here and social media I really can’t believe.

Unfortunately, given some of the absolute mouth breathers who love nothing more than moaning and being unhappy… I can.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Rodney won’t play for Walsall today because I don’t think he was signed in time. If he is suddenly fit for their next game I will have my doubts about his “injury”. 

They’re saying he will play against Northampton, as you say just wasn’t registered in time for today 

Advert:

3 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Ryan Johnson 2 x goals & another clean sheet for Stockport today. He scored last week as well.

Mental.

Hope he carries on like that and gets snapped up by a championship side for 5m 🙂 

Edited by werstayinup
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Advert:

22 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Ryan Johnson 2 x goals & another clean sheet for Stockport today. He scored last week as well.

Mental.

I'm sure there was money to be made but I think we were far too quick to move on. Exactly the right profile of player.

• Like 1

On 28/01/2022 at 18:09, dishydave said:
On 28/01/2022 at 17:28, Joe B said:
A thought has just struck me; we started our pre-season very early. Has that anything to do with this daft accumulation of injuries?

I doubt it Joe there's only Gibbo and Taylor with muscle strains the rest are contact injuries or freaky ones like Cass

Nope, most aren't contact. Walker, Politic, Gibbo, Conlon, Taylor, Hurst, Lloyd..

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Mental.

Goes to show football is all about confidence.Ryan never recovered from a very shaky start with us. Maybe it was the step up in level or feeling trusted by the manager? Who knows

25 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Nope, most aren't contact. Walker, Politic, Gibbo, Conlon, Taylor, Hurst, Lloyd..

But it’s a wide spread of injury types. The point of the Askey comments were they were pretty much all hamstring injuries. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MBE said:

Goes to show football is all about confidence.Ryan never recovered from a very shaky start with us. Maybe it was the step up in level or feeling trusted by the manager? Who knows

or mabye hes found his level☺️

• Like 2

Advert:

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Adam Yates had it right i think in saying he thinks we are now just a recognised league one/two striker off now but i cant see that player coming in now

True in part.  Even then the service would need to be far better than it was today.  Not a lot of creativity on show.

• Like 1