Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

He must be robust despite previous injuries if Clarke is making them pass a fitness / medical test before signing. I would have been more worried without DC specifically mentioning a more professional recruitment set up.

• Like 1

Advert:

Welcome to the lad. An upgrade on Joyce with the odd goal thrown in too. 

Obviously fitness issues but we know how vociferous Clarke was about injuries that we can be assured he's not going to be an habitual sick note ( he says crossing my fingers ) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Welcome to the lad. An upgrade on Joyce with the odd goal thrown in too. 

Obviously fitness issues but we know how vociferous Clarke was about injuries that we can be assured he's not going to be an habitual sick note ( he says crossing my fingers ) 

I cant see clarke signings someone unless hes fairly confident in there fitness, obviously players can pick up injurys but he must think whatever he has struggled with at shrewsbury he is now over 

• Like 2

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I cant see clarke signings someone unless hes fairly confident in there fitness, obviously players can pick up injurys but he must think whatever he has struggled with at shrewsbury he is now over 

Yes I agree. That's what I was saying, Clarke was vociferous about our huge injury list that he's not going to sign another crock 

15 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Have we ever had a Brad in the main squad before? I know we had at least one Bradley but can't recall a Brad.

Can't recall one, we were also heavily linked with another ex Crewe , Brad Inman a couple of years ago. 

Never hear of him any more 

Advert:

45 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

Loves a goal from distance. Won Shrews' goal of the season just gone with a 30 yardee into the top corner, plenty of YouTube footage of him doing the same for Hartlepool (edit : it's been posted above)

Looks a decent signing.

Him and Conlon will be having a competition to see who can score from the furthest out by the looks of it 😁

• Haha 2

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Cracking strike... and he is a big lad, not just tall, looks a unit. Just what we need. 

Lovely Jubbly

Cheers for that .

Also won the initial ball in own half and was strong enough to get up the other end of the pitch. Think commentary said last minute as well. 

Very hard to say this is a poor signing, I've never seen him play to the best of my memory. Quite a lot of league 2 experience at Hartlepool,  less so at Crewe. Squad player in league 1 with a reasonable number of games. Looks like he needs to take a step down at his age because he really should be a regular somewhere at 25. People who point out his injury record do have a fair point but most league 2 signings have an element of risk. Looking forward to his first 90 minutes to see what kind of player he is and how he links up with Conlon in particular. If he can help manoeuvre Conlon to play into dangerous areas he'll be an important player.

• Like 1

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings