onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Both Hilton and Marriott have opened hotels in Hanley and Keele lately. Before anyone starts laughing at the idea of a 5* spa hotel in Hanley of all places, it’s their garden inn sub-brand so it has the Hilton name but is a lower end product. Both still more than decent enough for a player commuting, the Marriott courtyard one in Keele in particular looks really nice actually. 

Anyway the point is I’d expect both Vale and Stoke would be aware of them and have/could arrange corporate rates for how much consistent business we could send their way. 

It remains to be seen what arrangements have been made to to reduce travelling.  We are not yet in the Helicopter League as far as I know.

Advert

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Would you commute from Cambridgeshire or stay in the flea pit that is The George hotel? I’d commute….

I think the flea pit is closed. The building looks really nice and needs investment in line with Burslem town centre. Pointless requesting the council to get involved, they’re too obsessed with Hanley. I’m not in the know but I cannot see why they’ve got so many hotels and continually invest in Hanley. 

26 minutes ago, Mark-Valiant said:

Katchunga (Bolton) out for 3 months. Possible recall for Politic?

Be unfortunate if that were to happen but I guess it’s possible. If it were to you’d imagine it would happen today. Just the general feel I get is things are a bit frosty between him and Evatt though.

In terms of outgoings one player never hear anything of is Alex Hurst. I’m guessing he’s still injured but if not maybe we should be looking to get him out on loan somewhere as can’t see an immediate pathway into our matchday squad.

35 minutes ago, MBE said:

Yes I understand stats aren't too bad on goals conceded but I'm looking at it from a squad point of view. I just feel its weakest area of the pitch now we have strengthened in other areas and lacks experience at this level with either keeper.

You can’t argue with stats though? We don’t need a GK when we have conceded the 4th least goals in the division. I’d rather the money be spent on an experienced ST and CM.

2 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I think the flea pit is closed. The building looks really nice and needs investment in line with Burslem town centre. Pointless requesting the council to get involved, they’re too obsessed with Hanley. I’m not in the know but I cannot see why they’ve got so many hotels and continually invest in Hanley. 

I suspect it’s because Hanley is or is meant to be the money generating retail hive. 

They’ve just proposed to cut a load of jobs and close museums so the chances of Burslem ever getting any regeneration money, particularly with the loss of the EU regen money, is zero. Its only hope now is TV filming money like with Peaky Blinders, the national lottery good causes fund or a good word from Prince Charles who seems to like Middleport pottery. Or Robbie. That’s it. 

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

I suspect it’s because Hanley is or is meant to be the money generating retail hive. 

They’ve just proposed to cut a load of jobs and close museums so the chances of Burslem ever getting any regeneration money, particularly with the loss of the EU regen money, is zero. Its only hope now is TV filming money like with Peaky Blinders, the national lottery good causes fund or a good word from Prince Charles who seems to like Middleport pottery. Or Robbie. That’s it. 

Doha, this very true. I’m pinning some hope on the SoT (N) MP, doing his bit for us. He’s the only person me of the three MPs in our city for which I have any time. He has spoken up about the ceramics industry, volunteered to assist with teaching and has attended the foodbank where I volunteer.

Brereton with his opening up the railway from Leek to Hanley complete ejit. The whole line will need replacing, including sleepers,tunnels will need rebuilding and some of the line has been built on.

18 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Doha, this very true. I’m pinning some hope on the SoT (N) MP, doing his bit for us. He’s the only person me of the three MPs in our city for which I have any time. He has spoken up about the ceramics industry, volunteered to assist with teaching and has attended the foodbank where I volunteer.

Brereton with his opening up the railway from Leek to Hanley complete ejit. The whole line will need replacing, including sleepers,tunnels will need rebuilding and some of the line has been built on.

If you're on about Gullis, I have a bridge to sell you.

50 minutes ago, Doha said:

Hanley itself is on its hind quarters. i had the misfortune of passing through there Saturday lunchtime and the place was dead. Even the lads on monkey dust seem to have deserted it.

Row upon row of empty shops, empty units in the Potteries centre, although in fairness there were two doughnut vans outside so that seems to be a growing sector.

Anyway, who are we signing today?

Archived