Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Never really like Cass defensively but going forwards and on the ball was excellent. (The things he struggled with could be taught) Looked a really good player for someone of his age. Massive shame for us and for him this injury. I hope and presume DC and co will continue to watch him with the hope of signing him in the summer. 

Listened to the DC interview earlier and he mentioned connections. Cass had a really good one down the right with Wozza - I think we have to change formation now, can’t have smith or Martin bringing the ball out of defence like cass did. Would love him back next season 

Has anyone ever seen injuries like this? It was bad last season but this is beyond ridiculous now 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 1

Think someone at Vale has crossed paths with about 10 black cats on the same day.

I thought Cass was more often than not more than decent, albeit not great defensively. He won't be making a career for himself at Newcastle I don't think, but he will definitely go on to have a career as a decent League One player at worst. All the best to the lad.

Edited by Beech

Really bad news about Cass, I was hoping that he could cover Gibbo`s absence quite well. We don`t really have anyone else to do that wing back role on the right. Just need to grind out a few results somehow to keep us in with a play offs chance. 

47 minutes ago, SFBT said:

It's the kind of situation that can galvanise a team.

Backs to the wall.

Not unlike the last promotion perhaps...

The last promotion saw virtually no major injuries to key players, bar Ashley Vincent for the last 10 or so games and John McCombe for about a month mid-season (and we immediately signed Darren Purse to replace him).

48 minutes ago, Walter said:

I think my group I went with were impressed with a lad in the middle with blonde hair for them.
It was probably him but cant be sure.

Yes, he played well in that game but there’s the possibility of confusing him with Lapslie.

7 minutes ago, Joe B said:

The last promotion saw virtually no major injuries to key players, bar Ashley Vincent for the last 10 or so games and John McCombe for about a month mid-season (and we immediately signed Darren Purse to replace him).

I was referring to other factors that I've seen mentioned on here.

Thanks for your clarification 🙂

5 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Clarke's interview - one signing today, another probably Monday

Looks like the Monday one will be a forced one due to the Cass injury,so i would guess a loan replacement and that will see us done i think unless Rodders leaves

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Looks like the Monday one will be a forced one due to the Cass injury,so i would guess a loan replacement and that will see us done i think unless Rodders leaves

DF must have been listening to you buddy

Good luck to Rodney. Flattered to deceive.

As a side issue i'll be fuming if he's made a lazarus like recovery and features for them seeing as we haven't seen sight nor sound of him since Bristol Rovers.

Obviously be the infamous 'undisclosed fee '. 

Never saw him at his best as this season has been a total write off for him .

• Like 1