Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

10 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Can’t remember these many players being injured when Lol Hamlett was the physio.

Maybe we signed this new keeper so we can use Holy Water on the sponge 🙂 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, philmpv said:
48 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
I based that on the fact that Burgess hasn't contributed at all since Clarke came in. Maybe swap Burgess and Whitehead around on that list for a fairer comparison.

To be fair to Burgess, the only prolonged run in the side that he had was the second half of the nearly season, when he formed a great partnership with Taylor and was instrumental in our unbeaten run and great football, and keeping Conlon out of the side. Apart from that, he's had few opportunities. So I think it's only fair to judge him on that run in the side, and on that basis, he's a good player

Totally agree about Scott Burgess.

• Like 1

Based on nothing more than a hunch, I always felt DC would freshen things up big style in this window, but obviously our catastrophic injury list has meant more than just a freshen up is required.  The big dilemma now is how quickly we can integrate these players given that many are nailed on starters due the injuries and suspensions.

While he probably wouldn't be in my first choice back 5 at present, he's still a fantastic option to have and has been very good this year. 

Good luck Cass, hopefully see you back here in the future.

• Like 3

Cass will be missed, his ability to carry the ball out from the back was unmatched in the team. His interview hinted towards coming back next season, obviously a lot can change between now and then but I hope this isn't the last we see of him in a Vale shirt.

• Like 4

That's an absolute disaster. 

An excellent young defender who will have a good career. 

We have the weekend to find a defender who can bring the ball out. Best of luck to Flitcroft.

Injuries to key players have absolutely killed our season. Too many. Something's gone wrong. I can't believe I allowed myself to get excited. If DC gets playoffs he needs a statue. 3 key starters now out for a least the next 3-4 weeks. FFS

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Cass will be missed, his ability to carry the ball out from the back was unmatched in the team. His interview hinted towards coming back next season, obviously a lot can change between now and then but I hope this isn't the last we see of him in a Vale shirt.

Apparently clubs higher up were after him recently. I'd be pleasantly surprised to ever see him in a Vale shirt again.

37 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Confirmed… Cass out for the season

Wow we really aren't having much luck at the minute. Maybe an opportunity to play a different way.

16 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

If DC gets us promoted from this position, he's a miracle worker.

It's the kind of situation that can galvanise a team.

Backs to the wall.

Not unlike the last promotion perhaps...

• Like 2

He played the full game against us in October.  I can't remember him individually but I can remember that they outplayed us all over the pitch.
I think my group I went with were impressed with a lad in the middle with blonde hair for them.
It was probably him but cant be sure.