• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

6 hours ago, capirex said:

Somebody on the Walsall forum saying that Rodney was at the club on Monday, but it looks like their could been an issue, possibly medical. Somebody else saying that he could have been hospitalised laughing after the contract offer got to the wages bit.

Easy to just say that though really.... i mean i could say Telford was at the club monday but something happened.

I dont think for one minute Rodders was at Walsall

Advert:

4 hours ago, rob1983 said:

Need to break the bank or we're going no where. Where's the ambition? Small little vale. Perhaps if we spent less money on the backroom staff we'd have more money for signings.

We have spent a lot of money and backed the manager,we have paid players up,we have paid out for decent players in Hall and Hussey and yet you say we should break the bank(maybe do a Bury? ). The money on backroom staff/youth etc could turn out to be better spent than paying say 5k a week on a striker that may or may not score goals for us but could cause unrest in the dressing room.

To say that our owners have no ambition is unbelievable imo but each to their own opinion

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rob1983 said:

Need to break the bank or we're going no where. Where's the ambition? Small little vale. Perhaps if we spent less money on the backroom staff we'd have more money for signings.

On a side note its worked for Bradford and Salford hasn't it,oh and Scunthorpe who only a few years ago were paying big wages to get in so called class players........where have they ended up

Edited by werstayinup
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Interesting interview with Flickers on Radio Stoke.

everything was covered in the Bowers tweet apart from the fact we have offered Rodney a contract extension and that’s broken down.

Its clear we are out trying to get some cash. Some bids in but short of the valuation so we are holding out. Sounded very much like a “if you want him up the money and he’s yours” statement.

It’s good to be a professional club who does these things properly!

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 8

Advert:

7 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

On a side note its worked for Bradford and Salford hasn't it,oh and Scunthorpe who only a few years ago were paying big wages to get in so called class players........where have they ended up

Nice 👍👍

Don't forget Notts County
  • Like 4

Advert:

22 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

We have spent a lot of money and backed the manager,we have paid players up,we have paid out for decent players in Hall and Hussey and yet you say we should break the bank(maybe do a Bury? ). The money on backroom staff/youth etc could turn out to be better spent than paying say 5k a week on a striker that may or may not score goals for us but could cause unrest in the dressing room.

To say that our owners have no ambition is unbelievable imo but each to their own opinion

You only have to look at the effect Ronaldo has had on Man U's dressing room, and they're paying him over £400k a week? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Think it was £1,900 a week was the max anyone was on, according to that interview (seems a bit daft to announce it imo), but lots of incentives.

Whether people want to moralise about it being right or wrong, good strikers in League 2 will set you back more than that. That's just the market now. 

Flitcroft must trust himself to sign players for cheaper who can offer the same output. It's very ballsy. Hemmings would have cost more but a player who regularly gets 15 a season is going to.

It seems there are very decent incentives on offer if we progress,so i guess none of us really know what they are or how big but for all we know if we get in the top 7 it COULD mean a player on the 1900 would get 3k+ we have no idea and personally i would want a player to come in wanting to bust a gut to get the big money than put one on 5k a week who doesn't have to be arsed if he doesn't want as he will still get his 5k even if we are mid table

Vale are not going break there wage structure so the players coming in I believe there will be possibly 3 will be hungry and wanting prove they have what it takes to.

1 put people on seats as more folk who come to the ground the better .

2 give themselves a great name as well as the  Vale the national coverage if they help get big results for Vale .

3 the admiration of the  support through there efforts in part of a winning team .

Lets get the right fits in  not the wrong ones .

UTV 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Interesting interview with Flickers on Radio Stoke.

everything was covered in the Bowers tweet apart from the fact we have offered Rodney a contract extension and that’s broken down.

Its clear we are out trying to get some cash. Some bids in but short of the valuation so we are holding out. Sounded very much like a “if you want him up the money and he’s yours” statement.

It’s good to be a professional club who does these things properly!

I think if talks broke down then Rodders will be off over the next few days,as if he has hinted he doesn't want to stay then DC wont want him here

I think if talks broke down then Rodders will be off over the next few days,as if he has hinted he doesn't want to stay then DC wont want him here
Quite rightly IMHO. He's hardly been an integral part of our team this season so will barely be missed

Advert:

5 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

From Rodders point of view why commit to another contract? Still has 18 months to run, barely featured in the 1st team when fit. He's not a stater in the formation when everyone is fit and we don't play in a way which utilises his strengths. 

1 hour ago, Idreamvalepvfc said:

Thats a negative way of looking at it, we’re far too big of a club for this league, we have a premiership stadium in league 2, which speaks volumes really, we need to get behind the lads and push for league 1 and beyond, there is big things coming with this club i can just feel it #supervale

2158E4BF-EEEC-4AFA-BEAD-D8125F1A8370.png

06761EDB-448A-4852-81FB-D13B02B919D1.png

My comments are balanced. You don’t get promoted because of the size of your stadium or because you deserve it for being a big club. You said we are guaranteed play offs and i pointed out that we absolutely are not. Manage your expectations better because it’s these sorts of ridiculous views that put pressure on the club when they are not met. 

18 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Why should Rodney be off? He has a contract until 6/2023