• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

2 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

Same old little port vale - won’t put money out to compete with other league 2 sides yet fans are happy with this. Stuck in this division playing Sutton barrow and Stevenage for years to come. 

How can you say we can’t compete, this season until now has been brilliant, we’re on our way, playoffs look promising

• Like 1

Advert:

Just now, Idreamvalepvfc said:

How can you say we can’t compete, this season until now has been brilliant, we’re on our way, playoffs look promising

We were top 3 until the other week now play offs look promising. Brilliant!!! Not competed last few games have we dropping like a stone

I honestly would prefer promotion over a sustainable squad. All for the latter stuff but we need to escape his hell pronto. No more Stevenage away. 
One promotion place left assuming Tranmere or Mansfield burn up. So the lottery of the POs left. How much do we need to spend to change that? What were the expectations at the beginning of the season, the lottery or top 3?

Advert:

8 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, Joe B said:
I honestly would prefer promotion over a sustainable squad. All for the latter stuff but we need to escape his hell pronto. No more Stevenage away. 

One promotion place left assuming Tranmere or Mansfield burn up. So the lottery of the POs left. How much do we need to spend to change that? What were the expectations at the beginning of the season, the lottery or top 3?

Expectations must change though after spending nearly half the season in the top 3 

I do wonder where folks think all this money is coming from to pay players extra wages and signing on fees. We are not awash with millions so we have to spend what we earn. Yes Carol is a great owner but I doubt we have got money to burn. Would you spend money you don't have with no guarantee of success, recipe for disaster! Remember what we had 2 years ago and then think again what you are asking for now

• Like 6

Advert:

Holy looks like the sort of keeper we should have signed in the summer. Loads of experience in higher leagues with Ipswich and Gillingham. 

His CV looks impressive and I hope we get this done. Not been impressed with Covolan at all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Holy has already played for Ipswich and Cambridge this season. Would he be eligible to play for us??

I'm not 100% on the rules, but he hasn't played a league game for Ipswich as far as I can see this season. Does that mean he would be allowed to play in the league for us as his only league appearances is for Cambridge?

58 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Amazing how many of you appear more than willing to gamble our financial stability, security and long term vision for short term success (which even then isn't guaranteed, no matter who we brought in at any cost). Lots of panic merchants spending other people's money like it's water

Agree with this. Also, one of the great things about this season has been the spirit in the dressing room and to jeopardise that by breaking the wage structure would be an extremely thick thing to do.

• Like 3

Advert:

19 minutes ago, Idreamvalepvfc said:

Brilliant? If we were 10 points clear that would have been brilliant. Mid table 4th division will never be brilliant. 

I remember moaning about us finishing lower mid table at Championship level and blaming Bell for being tight! 

• Like 1

There's nothing like stirring a Hornets nest. I feel there is good reason for concern it was well sign posted from the Oldham game that through inconsistency, injuries and suspensions the seas would become choppy. We flattered to deceive at times. The expectations initially have created almost an illusion of expectency until now. It has been quite a shock to see us free fall from the dizzy heights of second place.Two options now available either we will be extremely lucky and still get promotion without spending further or Splash the cash in a vain bid that this will deliver success. I still feel we have a chance via the playoffs with either option but the odds are slowly turning in an adverse direction. Results and only results will ultimately determine this and that starts on Saturday, transfers incoming or not. Time to get behind the team and support our club.