onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

That’s a big shout that considering the season our own wingbacks have had. I thought Benning was going to come in and be the best left back in the league. 

Hussey was probably the best in the division last season and has played every single game for a side doing well in the league above. they’re manager wants him to stay as do the majority of fans. I think it’s a fair assumption to think he should be right up there?

Gibbo and Worrall have been excellent, I think if anything (If gibbo stays) it allows us to push wozza further up the pitch. Maybe in a 433 and then move Gibbo to Rb? Benning has been a disappointment, but he’s been consistent at this level every year before this, I guess that’s the risk with every player.

Advert

13 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Hussey was probably the best in the division last season and has played every single game for a side doing well in the league above. they’re manager wants him to stay as do the majority of fans. I think it’s a fair assumption to think he should be right up there?

Gibbo and Worrall have been excellent, I think if anything (If gibbo stays) it allows us to push wozza further up the pitch. Maybe in a 433 and then move Gibbo to Rb? Benning has been a disappointment, but he’s been consistent at this level every year before this, I guess that’s the risk with every player.

Big decisions for Clarke that's what he's paid for though 

4-3-3 

Gibbo new big CH Smith Hussey 

That leaves Cass and Jones out of the picture. 

Also Worrall because predominantly wide isn't totally suited to a 3 in midfield although he's very adaptable and experienced. So it would leave us going back to the Askey way ? 

Really interesting times. And realistically once one or two others are fit we have about 17 players who I'd consider first teamers.  

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Big decisions for Clarke that's what he's paid for though 

4-3-3 

Gibbo new big CH Smith Hussey 

That leaves Cass and Jones out of the picture. 

Also Worrall because predominantly wide isn't totally suited to a 3 in midfield although he's very adaptable and experienced. 

Really interesting times. And realistically once one or two others are fit we have about 17 players who I'd consider first teamers.  

We must have some more players due to leave this month given another 4/5 will sign, as you say we already have a lot of players good enough. 

I was thinking 433 like below

Cov

Gibbo Smith Jones Hussey 

Pett Conlon Garrity 

Wozza Wilson Politic 

Something like that (not a fan of Cass at all), but I do think we will sign a CB and Clarke loves playing 532 so no idea who is going to be missing out! Can’t be Worrall after Saturday, will Gibbo leave? That’s the only thing I can think of. As you say interesting who stays / leaves / signs as we seem to have a lot of options in every position! 

As fantastic a signing/player Hussey may be, I just don't understand how we get him into this team at the minute.

You're either dropping Gibbo, Worrall or maybe Jones if he's thinking of putting him at LCB. They've arguably been 3 of our best players this year.

If you don't do that then you're potentially changing formation, but 3-5-2 got us to 2nd in the league before the covid break.

Unless there's pieces moving behind the scenes we aren't aware of (gibbo leaving for example). It strikes me as a peculiar but positive signing.

10 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

As fantastic a signing/player Hussey may be, I just don't understand how we get him into this team at the minute.

You're either dropping Gibbo, Worrall or maybe Jones if he's thinking of putting him at LCB. They've arguably been 3 of our best players this year.

If you don't do that then you're potentially changing formation, but 3-5-2 got us to 2nd in the league before the covid break.

Unless there's pieces moving behind the scenes we aren't aware of (gibbo leaving for example). It strikes me as a peculiar but positive signing.

003, is it definite that CH has officially become a Vale player or are we getting ahead of ourselves.?

Just now, Playa Amodores said:

003, is it definite that CH has officially become a Vale player or are we getting ahead of ourselves.?

I mean I have no more inside info than the next man, but the Cheltenham reporter who broke the original story is now saying its all but done and will be confirmed this week. So, maybe it is premature, but it looks 95% of the way done.

1 minute ago, Playa Amodores said:

All the signs are mate it's when not IF. The fact they'd accepted an offer and the interview with Clarke seem to indicate he's on the verge. 

But as of this moment he's still a Cheltenham player . 

4 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I personally think he will try to slot Hussey in at LCH. Jones had a great start to the season, but I think his performances have been a bit indifferent of late.

IF, we get Hussey over the line before Saturday, I think he start with the following

Cov

Cass   Smith  Hussey

Woz    Pett  Conlon  Garrity Gibbo

Wilson   Harratt

Plenty of attacking threat in that line up, but slight concerns we might be susceptible in the air.  

15 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I’ve got a feeling Hussey will slot into LCB. I like Jones; he’s been a good signing but he’s dropped off recently, so I’ve got a feeling Hussey will come into the back 3 to provide much needed experience. 

Just now, Boslem's Brazil said:

I personally think he will try to slot Hussey in at LCH. Jones had a great start to the season, but I think his performances have been a bit indifferent of late.

IF, we get Hussey over the line before Saturday, I think he start with the following

Cov

Cass   Smith  Hussey

Wilson   Harratt

Plenty of attacking threat in that line up, but slight concerns we might be susceptible in the air.  

We’ve be susceptible all season. I’m hoping that Hussey will add some much needed aerial presence in place of Jones. 

2 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Cov

Cass   Smith  Hussey

Wilson   Harratt

I like this, agree that Jones is the most dropable of the three. Can't see us changing formation at this stage. 

It does strike me as strange however if this is what we do, you've got someone who's played his whole career (and all of this season) at LWB. We bring him in and change his position. Maybe age is catching up with him and he's happy enough dropping back, however he's still performing at LWB in the league above, why would we want to mess about with that. 

55 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We must have some more players due to leave this month given another 4/5 will sign, as you say we already have a lot of players good enough. 

It's pretty much 2 games a week now until March. This is no longer about having a 1st team 11 with 3 subs to change the game if needed. We are now in a position where we need 11 for Saturday 11 for Tuesday to keep our players as fresh as possible. It could make all the difference in the run in.

We are not going to be expecting players bar the defenders and Conlon to play 3 games of 90 minutes in a week.It's going to be very much about the whole squad which is why Amos,Whitehad have left already. 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Also are we any wiser on the keeping situation?

Accrington Covolan

Burton Brentford Stone .

So you can't necessarily say Stone the cup keeper .

Stone kept his place at Bristol after the Burton win but was then replaced by Cov at Newport. 

Confused dot com .

I would be surprised if we are not trying to bring in experienced keeper on loan.

Stone is a decent shot stopped, getting better each time he plays. Cov for me is not good enough at the basics for this level. A decent nb.2 but not a nb.1.

I'm expecting 1 in and the other 1 out.

Archived