Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

I can’t see why NUFC would want a fee for him. Perhaps his agent will be looking to get him placed at a L1 team. Is it just me but NUFC seem to be struggling to recruit players. I’m not sure if it’s the fact their new owners are Saudi Arabian or their current league position, I suspect a bit of both.

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’m wondering if NUFC would pay him off now and if so would we sign him on a permanent basis. If not this could be another Politic. Would others want us to sign Cass.?

They would probably sell him if a bid came in but I can’t see that it would be in either party’s interests to pay up the contract early.

If he’s going to be a free agent and in the market for a new club he’d probably be better off waiting until the summer than rushing to get fixed up now. 

I’d certainly hope we have a good chance of signing him. The whole point of signing these players on loan was that we could bring them in permanently later. Completely pointless us just developing other teams players and then losing them 

• Like 2

Advert:

I can’t see why NUFC would want a fee for him. Perhaps his agent will be looking to get him placed at a L1 team. Is it just me but NUFC seem to be struggling to recruit players. I’m not sure if it’s the fact their new owners are Saudi Arabian or their current league position, I suspect a bit of both.
League position, quality players want European football next season.
  • Like 1

I’m glad we’re not breaking the bank, it’s a great approach for a club these days, especially when you see the mess some get in; although I thought we may have had a little more money behind us to actually get players like that  

Interesting on Rodney, league 1 clubs interested. 

Personally don’t think we need to replace Gibbo, more than enough cover there 

Advert:

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’m glad we’re not breaking the bank, it’s a great approach for a club these days, especially when you see the mess some get in; although I thought we may have had a little more money behind us to actually get players like that  

Rodney is a gamble, there is something there, easy enough to put a few of his goals, assists etc together for his CV

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

Rodney is a gamble, there is something there, easy enough to put a few of his goals, assists etc together for his CV

Rodney is only worth keeping if he is actually going to play 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We have never broken the bank. When we did, it was with Smurfwaite signing Lee Hughes, which was worth every penny. 

Trouble is, Smurfwaite realised he was not going to get rich investing in the club, so became an asset stripper instead. 

2 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Need to break the bank or we're going no where. Where's the ambition? Small little vale. Perhaps if we spent less money on the backroom staff we'd have more money for signings.

On what evidence do you basis that on? So every club that gets out of league two, spends above their means do they? No one at the club has said that we can't afford new signings, we're just not signing players that want more money than we're willing to spend. It makes complete commercial sense - it's not difficult to comprehend.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

7 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Need to break the bank or we're going no where. Where's the ambition? Small little vale. Perhaps if we spent less money on the backroom staff we'd have more money for signings.

You could be right, but the January transfer window isn’t known for clubs purchasing good players who are value for money, quite the opposite. As I understand, we’re still paying off the previous owner. We do seem to have a lot of back room staff, but hopefully that will be a long term plan, whilst players come and go. The club obviously values Rodney quite highly, if that’s the case he needs to be on the pitch, when or if he’s fit. If you owned a club would you put a bid in for him.?

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Interesting theory. However those backroom staff have certainly organised the club in a far better way. Smurfwaite cut us down to the bare bones.

I look at our whole squad and it looks easily good enough to get promotion. Honestly, look at FGRs squad and tell me you’d take theirs? 

I would say it is the injuries and that can’t be escaped from. Have a full strength squad and we would be in a vastly different place. 

Here's hoping for good news over the next few days. Admire the clubs stance on the wage structure, but with Wrexham, Stockport etc splashing the cash, this league is only going to get more difficult to get out of next year. If these principals mean the difference between us going up and not then it will look fairly silly.

• Like 2