Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Well if you're not counting fully professional clubs then Legge only turned pro at age 24. Not really fair to count professional clubs for one guy from ages 18 to 24 and not count non-professional clubs for another player at the same ages.
Agreed, I admire players that come up the hard way.

Advert:

13 hours ago, Idreamvalepvfc said:

4/6 a good price to be fair this weekend, £50 on that, got faith in DC to turn this around, as shown at the start of the season, we can play some good stuff when switched on, just look at the Brentford game, come on you vale, playoffs are more or less a guarantee and i have a good feeling about this set of lads, we’re surely too big for this league

DCEDBE43-1E5C-4517-B7DE-1612B8F3783B.png

I don't want to p*** on your cornflakes but playoffs are definitely not more or less guaranteed. I have faith that we have the right setup at the club but there are way too many variables at play and nobody knows when this bad run will end and things that are not helping - injuries, suspensions, the form of other clubs (Mansfield's is a great example of the season being a marathon and not a sprint, but they could fall away in coming weeks). We dropped 3 points against a very poor Salford side at home, which I'm hoping was our rock bottom and we are coming up from.

There is a long way to go and it's great to be positive but we are not guaranteed playoffs. 

Wouldn't shock me. >6 months left, 21, has attributes not many defenders have in the way he can bring the ball forward. Obviously has work to do but clubs will want a punt on him. 

Advert:

On 25/01/2022 at 10:43, valeparklife said:

We're being linked to Aston Villa striker Brad Young.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-aston-villa-striker-young-set-for-loan-as-swindon-northampton-mansfield-and-port-vale-swoop/

Spent the first half of the season at Carlisle, but didn't score in his 14 appearances.

Do we need another striker? I'm not sure we do personally.

Somebody on the Walsall forum saying that Rodney was at the club on Monday, but it looks like their could been an issue, possibly medical. Somebody else saying that he could have been hospitalised laughing after the contract offer got to the wages bit.

Advert:

I’m not his biggest fan (Cass) has a lot to improve defensively but is very good on the ball and bringing it out of defence. Easy decision for any league 2 side I’d say to sign him up. 
Wages, compensation etc?
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, capirex said:

Somebody on the Walsall forum saying that Rodney was at the club on Monday, but it looks like their could been an issue, possibly medical. Somebody else saying that he could have been hospitalised laughing after the contract offer got to the wages bit.

I’ve seen they don’t exactly rate Mills as well 😂😂😂

21 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’m wondering if NUFC would pay him off now and if so would we sign him on a permanent basis. If not this could be another Politic. Would others want us to sign Cass.?

100% no question. He'll improve defensively with experience. He has stuff that's difficult to find at this level, in terms of CBs driving with the ball and bringing it out of defence. He's 50 games into his professional career and looks good at this level already.

Newcastle won't pay him off - clubs will be bidding for him. I think the likes of MK Dons will be all over this.

54 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

Agent working overtime or wonder if any truth

I swear I read somewhere when Cass first came here he’d signed an extension at Newcastle so I’m not sure he is out of contract end of this season for starters. His versatility is going to be very important for us for the rest of the season so hope nothing does come of this.

7 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

I swear I read somewhere when Cass first came here he’d signed an extension at Newcastle so I’m not sure he is out of contract end of this season for starters. His versatility is going to be very important for us for the rest of the season so hope nothing does come of this.

@Guppys left peg I don't think he did. Another loanee George Lloyd, came here on loan after signing a contract extension with Cheltenham. Are you confusing the two perhaps? 

Advert:

51 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’m wondering if NUFC would pay him off now and if so would we sign him on a permanent basis. If not this could be another Politic. Would others want us to sign Cass.?

I think that it's very likely he will move this month if there's interest in him, but I suspect Newcastle will look for a small fee.

It's extremely unlikely he's going to challenge for the first team at Newcastle, especially with all the money now brought into the club. So, they can either allow him to stay till the end of the loan and leave for nothing or they can get a little cash out of a transfer during the January window when he's still under contract.

I'd love to see him sign permanently for the Vale. He's still young and has plenty of potential to progress, hopefully with us. I'm not sure anyone from higher divisions will be that interested in paying for him as he's unproven above L2 level, so that and the fact that he's here, looks settled and valued by the Vale may give us a chance of getting him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, robf said:

I think that it's very likely he will move this month if there's interest in him, but I suspect Newcastle will look for a small fee.

It's extremely unlikely he's going to challenge for the first team at Newcastle, especially with all the money now brought into the club. So, they can either allow him to stay till the end of the loan and leave for nothing or they can get a little cash out of a transfer during the January window when he's still under contract.

I'd love to see him sign permanently for the Vale. He's still young and has plenty of potential to progress, hopefully with us. I'm not sure anyone from higher divisions will be that interested in paying for him as he's unproven above L2 level, so that and the fact that he's here, looks settled and valued by the Vale may give us a chance of getting him.

I hope so for all the same reasons, age, ability, obviously valued now due to appreances / game time.

Edited by Port Vale Paul

I can’t see why NUFC would want a fee for him. Perhaps his agent will be looking to get him placed at a L1 team. Is it just me but NUFC seem to be struggling to recruit players. I’m not sure if it’s the fact their new owners are Saudi Arabian or their current league position, I suspect a bit of both.

• Like 1